Tokyo's Cinderella Castle Outshines Ours?!

PortOrleans

Original Poster
I've been thinking recently about Walt Disney World's Cinderella Castle. I found out some time ago that this particular castle can also be found in Tokyo Disneyland. Doing some research a few days ago I discovered some upgrades that they've made that we haven't (to my knowledge).

1548888401902.png

In particular they've added lights on their trees that change as seen above (I believe that ours just 'twinkle') .

1548888513504.png

They've also added fountains that move and change color. I thought that these were neat additions that I assume are quite possible in Orlando. They can't be too expensive to implement since tickets to Tokyo Disneyland are just $74 for adults a day (less for teens, seniors and children).

What do you guys think about these additions to Tokyo Disneyland's Cinderella Castle? Do you think they'll be implemented in the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World anytime soon?

eliza61nyc

looks like the castle in MK.

So I have absolutely zero interest in going to Tokyo so no horse in the "what they do at Tokyo Disneyland" race at all. if the guest there like it's all good.

Why should they add them at the Orlando park? basically you like colored lights as oppose to twinkly white lights? I'm sure that someone will say they prefer the white lights.

I apologize PO, just not sure what you're asking outside of the usual "Tokyo is better" post.

Last edited:

trainplane3

What do you guys think about these additions to Tokyo Disneyland's Cinderella Castle? Do you think they'll be implemented in the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World anytime soon?
@marni1971, weren't we supposed to get the fountains and flamethrowers during the hub overhaul but were then cut? I seem to remember seeing someone saying that, probably you.

rortoni

Well, I've been to Tokyo Disneyland some weeks ago. Crowds were wall-to-wall. Lines were crazy like 30 people to use the restroom. No rides under 100 minutes wait. People were seating (and sleeping) at curbside 4 hours prior the parade. Never again.

Anyway, regardless of my bad experience, I found nothing special about the castle. Would choose Disneyworld in a heartbeat.

PortOrleans

Original Poster
Well, I've been to Tokyo Disneyland some weeks ago. Crowds were wall-to-wall. Lines were crazy like 30 people to use the restroom. No rides under 100 minutes wait. People were seating (and sleeping) at curbside 4 hours prior the parade. Never again.

Anyway, regardless of my bad experience, I found nothing special about the castle. Would choose Disneyworld in a heartbeat.

Interesting. Sorry about your negative vacation experience (that stinks) but it is neat to hear from someone who has visited first hand :)

Marc Davis Fan

More than any of the other Disney resorts, when you go makes ALL the difference. I went to Tokyo Disney at a relatively quiet time (weekdays in mid-November) and the lines were very manageable - and of course, DisneySea was absolutely unforgettable. I would go again (during a quiet time again) in a heartbeat.

PortOrleans

Original Poster
More than any of the other Disney resorts, when you go makes ALL the difference. I went to Tokyo Disney at a relatively quiet time (weekdays in mid-November) and the lines were very manageable - and of course, DisneySea was absolutely unforgettable. I would go again (during a quiet time again) in a heartbeat.

I guess that goes to show that you don't quite know something until you've given it a second chance :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom