News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Disney Park Blogs just posted what the bus/shuttle looks like...

1543350315268.png

tl77

It is a permeant replacement for this temporary bridge which was originally built to give access to the parking lot construction project.

View attachment 328749
I remember reading at one point that this hotel would have "a seamless entry into Galaxies' Edge" which tome sounded like some kind of themed transportation, has that been downgraded to "bus"? Because the blueprint show the "transport area" being at the back of the building, near where this bridge is, but if it's simply a shuttle bus, it seems like that could just leave from the main entrance of the building in the front?

peter11435

I remember reading at one point that this hotel would have "a seamless entry into Galaxies' Edge" which tome sounded like some kind of themed transportation, has that been downgraded to "bus"? Because the blueprint show the "transport area" being at the back of the building, near where this bridge is, but if it's simply a shuttle bus, it seems like that could just leave from the main entrance of the building in the front?
It’s not simply a “bus”

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

When you arrive at the resort you'll be at what seems like a normal port cochere. I reckon that the front will be themed as a space flight station because when you enter, you'll be in a large elevator that simulates launching into space an you'll exit the elevator into the resort. You are now in space.

To get to SWL:GE, you do that in reverse, only you won't be going out the front port cochere, but instead through a side covered bus stop and enter the shuttle/bus. It will seem like you're entering a space shuttle. You won't see earth's sky until you exit the shuttle in SWL:GE, at which point, we'll all pretend it's Batuu's sky.

tl77

When you arrive at the resort you'll be at what seems like a normal port cochere. I reckon that the front will be themed as a space flight station because when you enter, you'll be in a large elevator that simulates launching into space an you'll exit the elevator into the resort. You are now in space.

To get to SWL:GE, you do that in reverse, only you won't be going out the front port cochere, but instead through a side covered bus stop and enter the shuttle/bus. It will seem like you're entering a space shuttle. You won't see earth's sky until you exit the shuttle in SWL:GE, at which point, we'll all pretend it's Batuu's sky.
Ok thanks, this is along the lines of what I assumed the transport would be, something to maintain the illusion you are on a space station when inside the hotel, and would need to board a smaller secondary "space craft" to reach Galaxies' Edge

nickys

Premium Member
Huh?!? 😳😳

Come on...based on that top secret, insider footage...they should be to the “big hole in the ground”
Phase by 2021 😉

I have to agree. This doesn’t look like anything is really progressing at all.

All we can see is a nice cleared patch of earth.

Funny story, someone posted on another board how the resort looked amazing. They said the huge windows made it totally different to any other resort they’d ever built. I have no idea what they were looking at as they “drove by DHS” but I did let them know it certainly wasn’t the Star Wars Resort!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I have to agree. This doesn’t look like anything is really progressing at all.

All we can see is a nice cleared patch of earth.

Funny story, someone posted on another board how the resort looked amazing. They said the huge windows made it totally different to any other resort they’d ever built. I have no idea what they were looking at as they “drove by DHS” but I did let them know it certainly wasn’t the Star Wars Resort!

May they were looking at Riviera.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Possibly. Although they should have known what Riviera looked like, given this was on a DVC forum!

I wondered if it was the Gran Destino Tower at CSR, but I have no idea where that is in relation to DHS.

Very close...you’ll be able to easily see inside mgm over blizzard from the upper floors...I would think

voodoo321

It will not and wasn’t aimed to.

I know, I know. I just thought it was funny that there hasnt been a post since November and today we see, at least visually, progress amounting to some dirt being turned over. Please nobody school me on site prep. It was just a dumb joke.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom