The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

NateD1226

I have mixed feeling over Zootopia going to Shanghai Disneyland

1548207524580.png

TROR

oh well. Things change i guess. I’m just glad I grew up during the golden era of Disneyland/ Disney parks. I wouldn’t be surprised if the next international Disney park opens up with like 6 single IP lands.
I'll go a step further and say I'm glad I grew up on the classic Disney movies like Peter Pan and Sleeping Beauty as opposed to on the Renaissance movies like my peers. I definitely think the Disney Renaissance wasn't as true to form as it should have been and, as a result, we get movies like Wreck It Ralph and Zootopia as well as theme park attractions in the same vain representing that type of Disney content.

mickEblu

Original Poster
I'll go a step further and say I'm glad I grew up on the classic Disney movies like Peter Pan and Sleeping Beauty as opposed to on the Renaissance movies like my peers. I definitely think the Disney Renaissance wasn't as true to form as it should have been and, as a result, we get movies like Wreck It Ralph and Zootopia as well as theme park attractions in the same vain representing that type of Disney content.

Yeah those early movies were works of art. I want to jump and live in those backgrounds. I also find Lady and the Tramp to be super underrated. Really a gorgeous film and one of the only times we get to see a romanticized American suburbia.

lazyboy97o

oh well. Things change i guess. I’m just glad I grew up during the golden era of Disneyland/ Disney parks. I wouldn’t be surprised if the next international Disney park opens up with like 6 single IP lands.
Its important that Disney’s parks are really differentiated from Universal Studios...

TROR

Yeah those early movies were works of art. I want to jump and live in those backgrounds. I also find Lady and the Tramp to be super underrated. Really a gorgeous film and one of the only times we get to see a romanticized American suburbia.
Lady and the Tramp is in my top 30 movies of all time (it's number 30 but still).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom