New Cirque du Soleil 'Drawn to Life' show in development to replace La Nouba

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Casting is now officially underway for the new show!! Per the casting call on Cirque's website the show is schedule to open March 20, 2020. Here's some tidbits from the notice:

Cirque du Soleil is looking for a mime or a physical actor to play a non-verbal character in its new show in collaboration with Walt Disney Imagineering, opening in Orlando in March 2020.

Character’s traits:
  • Tall, slim man
  • Plays the piano
  • Height 6’00” (1.83 cm) and up
  • Fatherlike figure.

Requirements:
  • Ability to portray character’s traits
  • Extensive training and professional experience in mime or physical acting
  • Piano skills, a strong asset
  • Experience working with or comfortable performing alongside kids between 10 and 12 years of age
  • Available for the production’s schedule:
    • Training and rehearsals in Montreal: September 9 to November 29, 2019
    • Rehearsals in Orlando: December 16, 2019 to March 19, 2020
    • Stage performance in Orlando: March 20, 2020 to September 19, 2021 (minimum 1 year contract).
http://en.ext.casting.cirquedusoleil.com/ts2mmx__JobDetails?jobId=a0xA000000JFKZjIAP&utm_medium=owned-social-media&utm_source=facebook&utm_content=facebook - Casting||recruitment-casting|cds-internal||||cst&utm_campaign=castingcall-MCrayon-EN|notshowrelated|n.a.|n.a.|2018||
Yet another casting call looks for a young actress to portray a 12 year old girl
Cirque du Soleil is looking for a Caucasian actress to play the lead character, a 12-year-old girl. This role is part of a new show in collaboration with Walt Disney Imagineering, opening in Orlando in March 2020.

Both child and adult candidates will be considered.

Character’s traits:
  • Caucasian female
  • Youthful/child-like appearance of a 12-year-old girl
  • Height between 4’0” (1m22) and 5’0” (1m53)
  • Slim figure
  • Sensitive on the inside, yet fearless on the outside
http://en.ext.casting.cirquedusoleil.com/ts2mmx__JobDetails?jobId=a0xA000000JFKbtIAH&tSource=
@wdwmagic

Great find!

Funny thing: Luzia will be playing in Orlando when this opens in DS.

Cmdr_Crimson

It's a shame that they could've had a chance to throw another theater at AK in Pandora...This show would have fit perfectly and keep the crowds more spread out...And have a deal to have 2 Cirque shows on property....
eventimage_cirque-toruk-16.jpg

ilovetotravel1977

Does anyone recall how much tickets to La Nouba were costing at the end of its run? I'm assuming tickets will be around $120/adult (at least) for the new show?

Obobru

Looking at that document I am interested in what TOD 2.0 is. Seems to be a ticketing system of some kind as it's mentioned on other pricing docs found on Google.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I came here to see updates about the new show and I get posts about ticket prices for La Nouba...c'mon man! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom