Marvel Could Start Developing X-Men & Fantastic Four For MCU in Early 2019

Disney Irish

Premium Member
RDJ and Chris Evans' contracts are done after Avengers 4 with no news that they've signed on to continue their roles.

So? That doesn't mean they'll 100% recast Tony Stark or Steve Rogers. It just means Robert Downey Jr's and Chris Evans' contract are current up.

There are so many things that can be done including all the things @MisterPenguin stated long before they'd consider recasting the role. Again my thought is they just change who wears the Capt America and Iron Man mask as was done in the comics. While having Tony Stark and Steve Rogers fade into the background (with RDJ and CE do cameos from time-to-time).

Also I'll add that I think they know that a lot of MCU fans and Marvel fans as a whole would revolt if either Tony Stark or Steve Rogers are recast. So the backlash would be huge. They don't want to bite the hand that feeds them. Kevin Feige is very very smart and knows Marvel inside and out, I trust he'll find a way to continue the MCU without having to recast either Tony Stark or Steve Rogers.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
Uhh dude...if their contracts are up after the next Avengers...and neither one sign on for more movies...that's a recast. Chris Evans has teased on social media multiple times that he was done after this movie was done filming.

Princess Leia

There is no evidence they would recast the main MCU characters with new actors. The only time it was done was prior to it being a complete Marvel production was when Terrence Howard was replaced by Don Cheadle for the part of Rhodey. And honestly I think that was a time where the change ended up for the better. Don Cheadle represents the character a lot better than Terrence Howard did. But for example I just don't see them recasting Tony Stark or Steve Rogers with any other actor. At this point, no one besides Robert Downey Jr and Chris Evans would represent those characters any better. What I'd expect is just like the comics that the MCU would change the lineup of who was an Avenger or who took up the mantle of the Iron Man or Capt America personas. So I could see them having Bucky Barnes or someone taking on the Capt America mantle, but that is it.

And with most of the actors that are currently playing the X-Men characters being mostly young, I just don't see them recasting at this point. So when the X-Men characters get folded into the MCU, I don't expect all to make it. But I do expect them to use these same current line-up of actors for those characters that do make it.
Don't forget the time they recast the Incredible Hulk. Ed Norton turned into Mark Ruffalo.

Uhh dude...if their contracts are up after the next Avengers...and neither one sign on for more movies...that's a recast. Chris Evans has teased on social media multiple times that he was done after this movie was done filming.
There's still a window for cameos.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
Cameos, sure. But there's gonna come a time where people need to be recast because the demands for money were too high, people just didn't want the roles anymore ATM

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Uhh dude its only a recast if they get another actor to play the role. And again at this point there is no evidence they would do that for the two main characters. I'm of the opinion they will just follow the comics and again having another character take up the mantle of Iron Man and Capt America. But again I personally don't think any other actor will ever play Tony Stark or Steve Rogers.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Don't forget the time they recast the Incredible Hulk. Ed Norton turned into Mark Ruffalo.
True but for me I don't consider the Ed Norton version as MCU, even though I know Marvel officially does. But since they can't make a solo Hulk film at this point anyways, it doesn't really matter. For all intents and purposes Mark Ruffalo is the Hulk for the MCU.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

And he has also teased that he's done... maybe not.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Cameos, sure. But there's gonna come a time where people need to be recast because the demands for money were too high, people just didn't want the roles anymore ATM

You're making the assumption Feige wants to continue to have Tony Stark or Steve Rogers as part of the MCU in Phase 4. Beyond cameos I don't expect either to continue with the MCU very far into Phase 4.

erasure fan1

You're making the assumption Feige wants to continue to have Tony Stark or Steve Rogers as part of the MCU in Phase 4. Beyond cameos I don't expect either to continue with the MCU very far into Phase 4.
I agree. They realized with movies like antman, guardians and black panther that they can succeed without the "main" heros. They probably realized with the first iron man as 90% of the general audience had no clue about him, and look how successful that was. If I had to bet, they will leave it open for at least Cap to come back if needed. But the plan, I believe, is to push forward without them. If they need them, or just want a boost, then they can get them in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom