Does WDW let anyone "save" benches and curb space for parades?

Sevenofeleven

Original Poster
My father in law would be sitting at those spaces until we returned with food or bathroom breaks. But if he wasn't, can anyone REMOVE a blanket or stroller and claim the space?

Emm

You leave it without a guard and i'd say it is gone. I've had luck guarding a laid out poncho while the rest go to get snacks

AndyS2992

Even if you do put a blanket down, expect some stranger to appear and stand on it. As drizgirl says, I've been stood in place for almost an hour and then as the parade or show begins, people appear out of nowhere and will try and push in/past you to get in front. You can try it but expect a battle.

eliza61nyc

My father in law would be sitting at those spaces until we returned with food or bathroom breaks. But if he wasn't, can anyone REMOVE a blanket or stroller and claim the space?
Yes, there basically are no "saved" spaces. Sorry a blanket on the curb is not reserving that spot. How about getting your food THEN getting the space? Why would you think a stroller would be all that was required? Lol if that was the case folks would simply park a stroller in a prime spot at 9 am and go do their thing until parade time.

s8film40

Just buy or make some of these before your next trip.
4983BC49-004D-41E8-86C3-4E8C91BCC1C9.jpeg

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Actually, putting down a blanket, coat or stroller in WDW only means that you have donated a blanket, coat or stroller to another family. There is a difference between locals and national/international crowds. If you don't mind losing your belongings you can give it a try, but, I don't think you will be successful. Even if no one took them, the best case would be that someone else is sitting on them or they are all moved into a pile well in back.

Driver

Actually, putting down a blanket, coat or stroller in WDW only means that you have donated a blanket, coat or stroller to another family. There is a difference between locals and national/international crowds. If you don't mind losing your belongings you can give it a try, but, I don't think you will be successful. Even if no one took them, the best case would be that someone else is sitting on them or they are all moved into a pile well in back.
Also CM's will remove unattended items...... they are a trip hazard.

jloucks

I would never respect an unaccompanied parked stroller or blanket. I would not steal it, but I would nudge it over and plop down without a second thought.

I also ignore overextended seat guards. If a solo person is trying to hold 4 seats, fine, but if they are trying to hold 14, ima plop down. This happened just last month on a cruise ship. Quite the scene. And, ironically, only about 8 of his party bothered to show up anyway. He was saving ghost seats.

Phonedave

I would never respect an unaccompanied parked stroller or blanket. I would not steal it, but I would nudge it over and plop down without a second thought.

I also ignore overextended seat guards. If a solo person is trying to hold 4 seats, fine, but if they are trying to hold 14, ima plop down. This happened just last month on a cruise ship. Quite the scene. And, ironically, only about 8 of his party bothered to show up anyway. He was saving ghost seats.

This is one of the reasons I love Celebrity Cruises. Their towel butlers actively patrol the pools. If they find seats being "reserved" they remove the stuff and store it. They know if you are sitting there are get up to go for a swim, get something to eat or drink, or use the bathroom, and if you have staked out a deck chair at 7 AM and have not shown up for it at 10:00 AM

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom