Rumor Did Disney Put in an Order for 50 Parade Float Chassis?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Moving from the Rumor Tracker thread...

Possible parade news for WDW:

Friend of a friend information. Disney has signed a contract with a company to build a large number of new parade float chassis. I didn't get the name of the company but apparently they have done work for Disney before.

The really interesting part: the supposed number of chassis they are building is 50.

Anyone know who has built floats for Disney previously?
Interesting indeed. Maybe for the new nighttime parade And a new daytime parade? Surely 50 chassis wouldn’t be in one parade. Or the part of them building “50” chassis is not them really building 50 chassis but a code/hint for the 50th anniversary lol. Waay over thinking im sure.
I didn't get any information that this was specifically for WDW or for only one parade. The number of chassis being built could be just a huge coincidence.

Would they build float chassis in the US for the foreign parks? Is California slated for a new parade?

And each float could consist of multiple chassis.

brb1006

While this is speculation, if the rumor turn out true in the future. Then hopefully Disney can finally retire these floats. Some of these floats are almost 40 years old! Soon turn 50 if Disney keeps these floats before WDW's 50th Anniversary.
DSC02063.jpg

1107ZW_0657RW-1024x768.jpg

09-30-08%2BParade%2B7.jpg

wdw15jpg-7ea47d50ed049bb0.jpg

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
My analysis: Iger is starting to feel the heat over inadequate expansion during the last 10 years, so he told everybody to "circle the wagons."

Everybody looked around and said, "Boss, we got rid of all the wagons."

Iger said: "You better get some stinking* wagons! And then circle them!"

Hence, an order for 50 wagons.

*Euphemism

Trekkie101

Disneyland Paris at new year kicked out basically everything it owns in one hour long show.

Daily Parade, Halloween, Christmas, Stars in Cars, random show floats. Literally everything. It seemed odd at the time however they done a ton of timing with it and guests loved it as a one off.

Wait times around the park plummeted before and after due to queue up time for it and during it.

I wonder if someone’s doing a cost analysis of parades vs crowds and it’s worked?

KeithVH

My analysis: Iger is starting to feel the heat over inadequate expansion during the last 10 years, so he told everybody to "circle the wagons."

Everybody looked around and said, "Boss, we got rid of all the wagons."

Iger said: "You better get some stinking* wagons! And then circle them!"

Hence, an order for 50 wagons.

*Euphemism

I read this in the Gov's voice . . .

1547959980549.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom