Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

NateD1226

F78264CD-39FF-4E5A-B154-7D0F1491E6A3.jpeg

Look what arrived at Pixar Studios!!

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I’m tired of the “mini-mini” land with carnival rides based off Pixar films. Hopefully Disney will stop creating these types of lands and slowly replace these “playlands” with well crafted lands that have excellent attractions.

Its gonna be awhile before they get replace, think 15-20 years or more. But even then I don't know if they'd replace them completely. Pixar isn't going anywhere, and neither is the demand for their content in the parks.

Sharon&Susan

Its gonna be awhile before they get replace, think 15-20 years or more. But even then I don't know if they'd replace them completely. Pixar isn't going anywhere, and neither is the demand for their content in the parks.
I think Hong Kong’s TSL will be gone within the next decade. Both Studio park’s TSL will likely stick around for a while just due to the gaps in development that both park are plagued with. Pixar Pier will probably be on the chopping block once Disney creates/acquires a new popular IP and they have nowhere to place it (Technically not a “mini mini land”, but it will soon have a giant Jessie statue so it counts).
And I’m not sure about Shanghai. They still have a few expansion plots left and it seems like that it will have long gaps of no new developments just like Paris and WDW. So, TSL will probably stay for a while there too.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I think Hong Kong’s TSL will be gone within the next decade. Both Studio park’s TSL will likely stick around for a while just due to the gaps in development that both park are plagued with. Pixar Pier will probably be on the chopping block once Disney creates/acquires a new popular IP and they have nowhere to place it (Technically not a “mini mini land”, but it will soon have a giant Jessie statue so it counts).
And I’m not sure about Shanghai. They still have a few expansion plots left and it seems like that it will have long gaps of no new developments just like Paris and WDW. So, TSL will probably stay for a while there too.

I personally don't see them removing any of the Pixar areas from any of the parks any time in the next decade. Now what I can see is an overhaul to some of these areas, like the HKDL one you mentioned, but still keeping the Pixar theme. But with Pixar Pier I don't see it getting axed or a major overhaul for at least 15+ years. They have plenty of other areas that will be worked on at DLR first before Pixar Pier. Maybe they'll continue making tweaks to it, but an actually overhaul probably not.

Sharon&Susan

I personally don't see them removing any of the Pixar areas from any of the parks any time in the next decade. Now what I can see is an overhaul to some of these areas, like the HKDL one you mentioned, but still keeping the Pixar theme. But with Pixar Pier I don't see it getting axed or a major overhaul for at least 15+ years. They have plenty of other areas that will be worked on at DLR first before Pixar Pier. Maybe they'll continue making tweaks to it, but an actually overhaul probably not.
HKDL has plenty of rapid expansion, but lack of space to expand. All the expansion plots for the main park are used up (except for the flex space that Disney wants to keep around for the time being and enough room for a MK Pooh sized dark ride)Without using the space for a second park, every ride from here on will need to be a replacement. Disney closed both Autopia and Buzz pretty recently and both of those would be considered sacred elsewhere, so I don't see why not. And I don't think it'll be just the TSL that will close, IASW, Mystic Manor, and the Jungle Cruise are all things I could see closing within the next decade at HKDL.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
HKDL has plenty of rapid expansion, but lack of space to expand. All the expansion plots for the main park are used up (except for the flex space that Disney wants to keep around for the time being and enough room for a MK Pooh sized dark ride)Without using the space for a second park, every ride from here on will need to be a replacement. Disney closed both Autopia and Buzz pretty recently and both of those would be considered sacred elsewhere, so I don't see why not. And I don't think it'll be just the TSL that will close, IASW, Mystic Manor, and the Jungle Cruise are all things I could see closing within the next decade at HKDL.

I doubt it, but we'll see. Since this is neither a HKDL nor a Pixar thread we should probably just end it here.

SuddenStorm

Jim Hill said on his most recent podcast that the Spider Man attraction being built will be a grounded ride system where each person is equipped with a Midway Mania type cannon where you can shoot Spidey's webbing to help Peter Parker restore order through the city.

So the shooter attraction that was rumored on here a little bit ago.

NateD1226

Jim Hill said on his most recent podcast that the Spider Man attraction being built will be a grounded ride system where each person is equipped with a Midway Mania type cannon where you can shoot Spidey's webbing to help Peter Parker restore order through the city.

So the shooter attraction that was rumored on here a little bit ago.
But can we always trust Jim Hill? 😂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom