10 Year Agreement - Galveston

aliceismad

I'm hoping with the added ships and home ports they can drop the price just a teeny bit, but I'm sure that's wishful thinking. :)

HouCuseChickie

I wonder if it's in any way related to RCL building a $100M terminal in Galveston that should be able to host Oasis class ships. i.e. how much is motivated by competition. Don't get me wrong, I like having a Disney option here as well as more RCL options, but it just makes me wonder.

5thGenTexan

Original Poster
I wonder if it's in any way related to RCL building a $100M terminal in Galveston that should be able to host Oasis class ships. i.e. how much is motivated by competition. Don't get me wrong, I like having a Disney option here as well as more RCL options, but it just makes me wonder.

Yes!! :)

The deal comes a month after the port announced plans to develop a new $85 million cruise terminal with Miami-based Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.
Disney cruises will get some of the open slots when the new terminal is completed in 2021, said Rodger Rees, the port's director.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/D...Sail-More-Ships-From-Galveston-504555832.html

Maelstrom Troll

We cruises out of Galveston Dec ‘17 and liked it a lot. Would definitely do it again despite the debarkation seemed the slowest that we’ve seen. Luckily we had a window so we could watch the dolphins play in the harbor!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom