Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
I'd be shocked if they didn't. Longer hours like with Pandora -- except keep the WHOLE PARK open, not just the land (that was beyond stupid IMO). Plus extra pay "opportunities" to get in early or stay late and/or a VIP evening tour like in AK. There is no chance they don't rake it in via many $$ avenues here. And any economist would tell you they SHOULD... supply, demand, price and stuff... ;)
If you’re expecting a midnight close it won’t happen. There is no reason to do this. The added cost of keeping the park open does not match the return even if it’s at capacity. Perfect comparison is the MK during Christmas week. They could keep the park open till the early AM because of crowds but don’t. Doing so takes them into diminishing returns.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
The podcast also mentioned that at certain points of the ride your vehicles will be locked into a mechanism (like Kong) and there will be addition motion in these sections.

Any truth to that @marni1971?

I listened to Alicia Stella's podcast and I'm simultaneously excited for the rumors about this, and also realizing there's a lot of things that could break down...I'm glad DL is going to get the kinks worked out before WDW's opens (theoretically!)

She also mentioned over 300 animatronics, and there was an image of a lot of storm troopers lined up. While I think most of them will just have very basic movements, just seeing a few dozen Storm Troopers moving in sequence would look amazing

MickeyMinnieMom

There's a new article on Disney and More where a podcast says the whole ROTR experience will be 28 minutes. Really? I don't think so.
Maybe not that long, but a FP with FoP takes 20ish minutes or so at least from the front of the FP queue. Timed it once at 17min from loading into first room to being done with the ride...

10:19 Loaded through the doors into 1st room
10:25 Next screen room (Dr. Ogden)
10:28 Into link chair room
10:36 Done ride

If you’re expecting a midnight close it won’t happen. There is no reason to do this. The added cost of keeping the park open does not match the return even if it’s at capacity. Perfect comparison is the MK during Christmas week. They could keep the park open till the early AM because of crowds but don’t. Doing so takes them into diminishing returns.
I'd expect something around an 11pm close for a while. Didn't they do a 10:30 every night close DHS-wide for a while just for TSL (prior years at that same time was a 9:30 close)??

The late close for PANDORA ONLY was ludicrous. I really don't want to see them repeat that, and after them keeping all of DHS open for TSL I assumed they adjusted.

bhg469

At the cost of guest satisfaction.... Do you think that if the parks closed at midnight, they wouldn't have people in there until midnight? I know that I would be at least grabbing a coffee and a snack at the 10:00 mark, and its not like the ticket prices aren't going up. Exactly a year ago, I was in florida at the same time as I will be this year for work. Last year I couldnt make it happen because I was based in Ft Meyers that night but MK closed at 11:00 PM, the rest of the parks at 9:00, including animal kingdom which had EMH that night. Fast forward to this year, the same saturday in the month and I will be much closer and I would absolutely go there after work but..... Magic kingdom closes at 8:00PM.... on a saturday.. That is the same story for every saturday in the month... I get diminishing returns but 8:00 is far too early to close their busiest park on a weekend. For someone like myself, who cannot get there at the crack of dawn, you lose out on a lot..

Last edited:

kthomas105

@marni1971 Are the sight-line issues you mentioned the reason why re-painting of Grand Arts Theater appears to have paused? The pink tone color was being painted over with a new greener color but has been in its current state for several months based on Bioreconstruct's photo's from twitter.
1547843099567.png

Goofyernmost

@marni1971 Are the sight-line issues you mentioned the reason why re-painting of Grand Arts Theater appears to have paused? The pink tone color was being painted over with a new greener color but has been in its current state for several months based on Bioreconstruct's photo's from twitter. View attachment 341788
Could be that they only painted the part that would show from ground level in the land itself. Unless you are arriving by helicopter you will never notice the pink color while Muppets maintains its signature color because the newly painted part isn't visible from the ground outside SWL. One is going to have to have pretty advanced vision to see through those buildings.

kthomas105

Could be that they only painted the part that would show from ground level in the land itself. Unless you are arriving by helicopter you will never notice the pink color while Muppets maintains its signature color because the newly painted part isn't visible from the ground outside SWL. One is going to have to have pretty advanced vision to see through those buildings.
Obviously visible structures from the air may be hidden from the ground, I was simply asking because I know others have stated there are sight-line issues from ground level. Additionally they have painted the entire rear side of Grand Arts Theater the new color and it is not visible from inside the new land whatsoever, it faces the old entrance road to the parking toll.

Goofyernmost

Obviously visible structures from the air may be hidden from the ground, I was simply asking because I know others have stated there are sight-line issues from ground level. Additionally they have painted the entire rear side of Grand Arts Theater the new color and it is not visible from inside the new land whatsoever, it faces the old entrance road to the parking toll.
There are sight level from the ground now, but, construction is not complete yet. Even so, I think that the specific building you were commenting on will not be one of the sight issues from within SWL and that was what I was responding too, I have no opinion about any others because I pretty much discount most of the perspective debates until the thing is complete. When that happens if sight lines are still a problem then there is something to talk about. I don't see how it will not affect the sight lines from outside the land itself, especially in TSL, but, that is a different discussion completely. You cannot stick rock formations 50 feet in the air and think a 10 foot fence will hide it, unless they are standing on the ground 2 inches from the fence.

sedati

View attachment 341806
“Hear me baby, hold together”
Look closely at the under construction cockpit:
Screen Shot 2019-01-18 at 9.22.07 PM.png

You'll see the doorframe matches the one seen in the ship making me think while we may not be able to enter the exterior Falcon, we will be able to see a full cockpit interior inside. Would be neat if characters could appear and be seen in the cockpit like Chewbacca.

Last edited:

PaulusUK

You're spot on.. Maybe their numbers are a little off but this is going to be potter x 1,000. They probably have a plan in place, ie. timing the guests allowed to enter, as many preview days as possible, offers to use fastpasses to other attractions... No matter what they do, they will have a lot of negative press regardless of how good the land is.

Ah, I forgot to mention that I was talking about the Falcon itself that you can look around. Not the Smugglers Run ride. I think it was a few months ago they said that you can step aboard, look around, sit in the cockpit and even play the chess-like game. Would have helped if I specified.

So you really think it may go way over 35-40k?? I wonder how many the park will allow in. I wonder how much the attendance went up when Toy Story Land opened.

Timothy_Q

Ah, I forgot to mention that I was talking about the Falcon itself that you can look around. Not the Smugglers Run ride. I think it was a few months ago they said that you can step aboard, look around, sit in the cockpit and even play the chess-like game. Would have helped if I specified.
That’s the waiting area inside Smuggler’s Run, right before you board, not the one parked outside

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom