Any Bets on What Comes After Galaxy's Edge?

jt04

There's room behind Screamin' whether they remove it or not. It spent years earmarked for something with an entrance where the Maliboomer used to be. Pixar Pier is throwing a wrench into placing an entrance in that spot, but the space still exists.

Screamin' has the single largest footprint of any attraction in the DLR. It is a massive, massive, steel coaster. It has always done well with guests - even in the baaad early days of DCA - so that plus the recent retooling (which is lame and a total waste) suggests the ride is absolutely considered a keeper. For all the bad adding The Incredibles did for the ride, it did still cost some real cash and they don't throw money like that after something they have on a short list to kill off.

First, I see everything from phase 1 being systematically removed. That will continue IMO.

Second, Screamin' and Fun Wheel allow guests to see beyond the berm. I am convinced most of the screams you hear from these two attractions are due to guests being ripped out of their Disney cocoon and suddenly having to confront the sight of L.A. suburban sprawl.

They spent huge dollars blocking out the outside world when they designed Carsland. Walt would be proud.

IMO.

Timothy_Q

If they eventually remove Cali Screamin there is some land behind it for a potential dark ride. That would be a good start to rehabilitate the area into something more up to the mouse's standards. Just spitballing here. I have no idea but I would guess the attraction has never been considered a keeper. Hence the limited overlay.
The space behind Screamin is usable for a dark ride without having to remove it.

Which is exactly what they did with TSM

jt04

The space behind Screamin is usable for a dark ride without having to remove it.

Which is exactly what they did with TSM

I still think screaming and wheel will be replaced eventually because Disney should never try to be magic mountain. It would have happened sooner but they need ride capacity more urgently. Once Marvel calms down I expect Pixar Pier will see a Phase 2.

IMO.

Timothy_Q

I still think screaming and wheel will be replaced eventually because Disney should never try to be magic mountain. It would have happened sooner but they need ride capacity more urgently. Once Marvel calms down I expect Pixar Pier will see a Phase 2.

IMO.
Screaming and the Wheel are the park icons, and the first thing that pops in people's minds when they think DCA.

They're not going away

yensidtlaw1969

First, I see everything from phase 1 being systematically removed. That will continue IMO.

Second, Screamin' and Fun Wheel allow guests to see beyond the berm. I am convinced most of the screams you hear from these two attractions are due to guests being ripped out of their Disney cocoon and suddenly having to confront the sight of L.A. suburban sprawl.

They spent huge dollars blocking out the outside world when they designed Carsland. Walt would be proud.

IMO.
You're impossible.

I should know better than to click "Show Ignored Content" and then try to combat it.

I refuse to give you any more of my time until you decide to offer something of value in return.

Back to Galaxy's Edge, I suppose.

jt04

Screaming and the Wheel are the park icons, and the first thing that pops in people's minds when they think DCA.

They're not going away

Heh. People said the same thing about Horizons, Energy, Mickeys Hat, Back Lot Tour, LMA, Bugs Land, the Skyways, DL ranch, Mailboomer, 20K, CMM, the Mickey Water Tower, The Wand, World of Motion, Superstar television, GMR......

And yet.....

Not a museum.

MistaDee

I'll limit myself to the DCA references here but I don't think anyone has described Bugs Land or Maliboomer as iconic. The argument isn't that Chapek/Iger want to keep DCA a museum, Mission Breakout proved that pretty clearly. Instead the argument would be that they're trying to maximize their IP utilization as efficiently as possible - hence MB and Incredicoaster overlays.

Removing Screaming and the Wheel would be massively expensive, plus the cost of a new land just wouldn't keep in step with what we've seen from management thus far. Maybe in the distant future after Marvel Land is built out, Hollywoodland/the Eastern Gateway has been redeveloped, the expansion pad by Paradise Gardens/Mickey's Sky School is fully utilized - then maybe - we could see some kind of redevelopment for Pixar Pier. I still think it unlikely.

The_Mesh_Hatter

Pretty much all of Screaming besides the station and adjacent helix take place above other attractions, structures, and paths. It takes up surprisingly little usable space and has one of the highest thuroughputs in the park

tirian

IMO.
So you’re saying you’ve actually been there and walked through it, and you’re okay with how nothing has a unified plan or theme except Cars Land and the GRR attraction?

jt04

So you’re saying you’ve actually been there and walked through it, and you’re okay with how nothing has a unified plan or theme except Cars Land and the GRR attraction?

I'll get back to you once the Marvel section opens and they announce the next phase. Heard faint rumblings even GRR could be reevaluated at some point. The park was a mess from day 1.

Pardon their dust.

HauntedMansionFLA

What are they going do with all this land?
Any inside information @jt04 ?
17439280-2717-4EF6-A286-C963709633A9.jpeg

HauntedMansionFLA

I am definitely not an insider. But I would guess that will be all parking. With the possibility for expansion of the Muppets area eventually. Especially if it gets a new IP. Way in the future.

The Star Wars spot is backstage access I think. Disneyland has the same configuration.
Muppets goes away?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom