Uber pick up at WDW resort for trip to Universal?

Boknowsleo

Original Poster
I've never used Uber in WDW. Are they able to pick a group of us up at front door of Beach Club Resort and trek us up to Universal Studios? Has anyone done this? Is there a better way?

Weather_Lady

Yes! That's what we did last time we visited Orlando (only in reverse). We took Uber or Lyft (I don't recall which -- we use them interchangeably, choosing the closest and least expensive driver each time) when we transferred to our WDW hotel from Universal. The cost was 15 or 20 dollars as I recall, for a larger vehicle that would fit 4 people and 4 carryons. There are so many rideshare drivers in Orlando that finding one close by is easy. If you're going to the Universal parks (not hotels), they'll pick you up at the Beach Club (there may be a designated taxi/rideshare pickup area amid the bus depots and parking lot -- ask at the front desk) and drop you off by the parking areas near Citywalk, the shopping and dining area that serves as a hub for the Universal parks.

Last edited:

Boknowsleo

Original Poster
Yes! That's what we did last time we visited Orlando (only in reverse). We took Uber or Lyft (I don't recall which -- we use them interchangeably, choosing the closest and least expensive driver each time) when we transferred to our WDW hotel from Universal. The cost was 15 or 20 dollars as I recall, for a larger vehicle that would fit 4 people and 4 carryons. There are so many rideshare drivers in Orlando that finding one close by is easy. If you're going to the Universal parks (not hotels), they'll pick you up at the Beach Club (there may be a designated taxi/rideshare pickup area amid the bus depots and parking lot -- ask at the front desk) and drop you off by the parking areas near Citywalk, the shopping and dining hub that serves as a hub for the Universal parks.
Thank you for answering! Much appreciated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom