News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Timothy_Q

My point is that they'd either be tearing down and rebuilding somewhere else...at great expense...or moving those into existing buildings elsewhere...just seems odd to go through that much trouble unless there's something wrong with the buildings?
If the idea is to redesign the Park, they have to redesign something.

The entryway and "hub" are the best contenders for that.

Just like what happened to DCA

mikejs78

Premium Member
If the idea is to redesign the Park, they have to redesign something.

The entryway and "hub" are the best contenders for that.

Just like what happened to DCA
But what's the *point*? Just to be different? Or to make it better? If it's just to be different without substantially improving on what was there, i.e. utilizing the space freed up by the demo, it will be rather pointless and end up being a lot of empty space between FW East and FW West.

Timothy_Q

But what's the *point*? Just to be different? Or to make it better? If it's just to be different without substantially improving on what was there, i.e. utilizing the space freed up by the demo, it will be rather pointless and end up being a lot of empty space between FW East and FW West.
I think Epcot's spine has a ton of room for improvement, but that's just my opinion.

It looks like an abandoned mall from the 80's with a ton of ugly clutter on top of it.

If the new version is an actual improvement remains to be seen though.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
My point is that they'd either be tearing down and rebuilding somewhere else...at great expense...or moving those into existing buildings elsewhere...just seems odd to go through that much trouble unless there's something wrong with the buildings?
One of the proposals was a scrape back to the shell and rebuild. Literally leave the structural supports and roof intact and rip out everything else. Remember those buildings are surprisingly open plan inside by design.

But let’s take this to the appropriate thread.

wdizneew

Taken today 12/18 from the area between security and entry.

Attachments

• 84FA1EE4-C6EB-408A-BCDC-A40D9C656911.jpeg
    84FA1EE4-C6EB-408A-BCDC-A40D9C656911.jpeg
    89.8 KB · Views: 322
  • B38AEB84-5E16-46EB-8101-4144689F7ABF.jpeg
    B38AEB84-5E16-46EB-8101-4144689F7ABF.jpeg
    100.9 KB · Views: 346
  • 0423083A-3626-4CD3-8B63-138164A9BB13.jpeg
    0423083A-3626-4CD3-8B63-138164A9BB13.jpeg
    61.8 KB · Views: 326

Rodan75

The following statement is not based on knowledge, just thoughts...
Wonders of Life building could hold MouseGear until a permanent replacement is built (if they were to tear down West).

I floated that once before and @marni1971 gave a hard 'no' on that thought process. Logically it seems like the right movement if they are going to take Innoventions 'down to the shell' or tear it down completely.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I floated that once before and @marni1971 gave a hard 'no' on that thought process. Logically it seems like the right movement if they are going to take Innoventions 'down to the shell' or tear it down completely.
I don’t have any hard facts about the plans, but it’s worth remembering most of the NW building is currently empty. Also remember Centorium was temporarily moved in 1999.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No

I don’t have any hard facts about the plans, but it’s worth remembering most of the NW building is currently empty. Also remember Centorium was temporarily moved in 1999.
49ded2238ba4eaaca94bf22f509c13db3e7699d8a1934664cd942a491650b05f.jpg

LOL!!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom