News Figment Survey Questions are Back, But with very different/tricky wording!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It’s interesting too because Figment was used with Food n Wine materials a bit this past year.

Figment is the main mascot of the International Festival of the Arts, and has a scavenger hunt. But, Figment merch is available at all the festivals.

Remy is the main mascot of the Food & Wine Festival, and has a scavenger hunt.

The International Festival of the Holidays has a Chip & Dale scavenger hunt, though, other than that, there isn't much of a main mascot for that festival.

Similarly, the Flower & Garden Festival doesn't have a main mascot. Its scavenger hunt is the Eggstravaganza hosed by Spike the Bee.

PplMover

Figment is the main mascot of the International Festival of the Arts, and has a scavenger hunt. But, Figment merch is available at all the festivals.

The International Festival of the Holidays has a Chip & Dale scavenger hunt, though, other than that, there isn't much of a main mascot for that festival.

Similarly, the Flower & Garden Festival doesn't have a main mascot. Its scavenger hunt is the Eggstravaganza hosed by Spike the Bee.
Awesome info- thank you. I mistakenly thought figment was more into it bc my beer koozie from the event has figment on it- haha went and checked rest of stuff- all remy!

mikejs78

Premium Member

Besides merch, Figment is also prominent in the other festivals. Not sure about F&W (haven't been in about 8 years) but at F&G this past year, he had a large Topiary right in the middle of Innoventions Plaza. Felt like a centerpiece.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Besides merch, Figment is also prominent in the other festivals. Not sure about F&W (haven't been in about 8 years) but at F&G this past year, he had a large Topiary right in the middle of Innoventions Plaza. Felt like a centerpiece.

True, but Farmer Mickey and Friends and all the classic Disney characters get prominent topiaries, too, down the spine. And Mickey usually gets the welcome signage while Figment is several topiary stops away from the entrance.

Figment doesn't appear on any of the print promotional signage for F&G like he does for F&W and Remy does for IFotA.

Nautilus

How do we know for sure that the Imagination pavilion won't be touched during the next phase of re-imaginings at Epcot? With the existence of this survey and in this wording, at the minimum it seems like a shuttering of the ride just to put meet n greets in the exit. Maybe a temporary fix for the meet n greets while the Innoventions buildings have whatever happening to them? I'd rather think happy thoughts, but I don't feel so good about this one.

trainplane3

How do we know for sure that the Imagination pavilion won't be touched during the next phase of re-imaginings at Epcot? With the existence of this survey and in this wording, at the minimum it seems like a shuttering of the ride just to put meet n greets in the exit. Maybe a temporary fix for the meet n greets while the Innoventions buildings have whatever happening to them? I'd rather think happy thoughts, but I don't feel so good about this one.
We don't. It was mentioned here that Imagination was set to go down for refurb or reopen from refurb in 2023 (I forget which way the date went) but that's probably changed by now. Either way that date goes, it's far too long.

And at least the ride is still open and they didn't close it years ago like they wanted to (seasonal operation I believe).

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Sometimes surveys are done to ratify the validity of a previous survey. The results should generally be consistent from survey to survey.

Perhaps, they're going to greenlight an update of Figment, and this survey will justify going ahead with it.

There are other scenarios than a nefarious plot to spend money on fake surveys in order not to justify not to spend money.

Nautilus

We don't. It was mentioned here that Imagination was set to go down for refurb or reopen from refurb in 2023 (I forget which way the date went) but that's probably changed by now. Either way that date goes, it's far too long.

And at least the ride is still open and they didn't close it years ago like they wanted to (seasonal operation I believe).

Wow..2023 seems so far away, but then again other things have taken a few years to take shape too..

Sometimes surveys are done to ratify the validity of a previous survey. The results should generally be consistent from survey to survey.

Perhaps, they're going to greenlight an update of Figment, and this survey will justify going ahead with it.

There are other scenarios than a nefarious plot to spend money on fake surveys in order not to justify not to spend money.

Absolutely. I don't think it's a fake survey in any form either. I do see this as an update that's coming. I'm just not convinced it will be a Figment update. I really really want a Figment update though.

Thelazer

You missed these questions:

"Do you like Figment enough to buy a T-shirt?"

"Would you enjoy a Figment around the world drinking experience?"

"Will you still come here, year after year, if we keep teasing you with figment merchandise and "special collector" events, but never fix the ride"

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
You missed these questions:

"Do you like Figment enough to buy a T-shirt?"

"Would you enjoy a Figment around the world drinking experience?"

"Will you still come here, year after year, if we keep teasing you with figment merchandise and "special collector" events, but never fix the ride"

:hilarious:

Inspired Figment

Original Poster
Tbh, thinking on a positive side to this survey. I think depending on the way this survey works. I think regardless if you pick “You Knew A lot About Him” or “You Never Heard of Him”. ‘BEFORE riding Journey Into Imagination’, it’ll still ask a rating on how much you like the character. Most folks that I know, regardless of whether they experienced the original or the current version seem to really like Figment nonetheless. So let’s just say, the survey got back data that while many hadn’t heard of him BEFORE riding the ride (as honestly, most average, newcoming guests wouldn’t as he’s a park exclusive character after all, unless they’d been to Epcot or heard about him through the Internet previously) *but* still gave him a high rating in regards to how much they loved the character after experiencing the ride themselves. Then I’d think it’d prove to Disney that Figment is a character that people love, regardless of whether they knew about him previously before going on the ride at Epcot or not. See where I’m getting at? 🙂 And if merchandise sales tell them anything, that should also be a clear sign that Figment atleast will be part of the next ride rehab.

Last edited:

Inspired Figment

Original Poster
Tbh, thinking on a positive side to this survey. I think depending on the way this survey works. I think regardless if you pick “You Knew A lot About Him” or “You Never Heard of Him”. ‘BEFORE riding Journey Into Imagination’, it’ll still ask a rating on how much you like the character. Most folks that I know, regardless of whether they experienced the original or the current version seem to really like Figment nonetheless. So let’s just say, the survey got back data that while many hadn’t heard of him BEFORE riding the ride (as honestly, most average, newcoming guests wouldn’t as he’s a park exclusive character after all, unless they’d been to Epcot or heard about him through the Internet previously) *but* still gave him a high rating in regards to how much they loved the character after experiencing the ride themselves. Then I’d think it’d prove to Disney that Figment is a character that people love, regardless of whether they knew about him previously before going on the ride at Epcot or not. See where I’m getting at? 🙂 And if merchandise sales tell them anything, that should also be a clear sign that Figment atleast will be part of the next ride rehab.
Or who knows.. you know. Maybe if they get the data back that a lot of people love him, regardless of whether they knew about about him before riding the ride or not. They *might* actually try to market him more in the park. Only time will tell. But let’s just hope for the best. Still, I encourage all of you to participate in the surveys and give your feedback. Even if the rest of Epcot turns into something we’re not necessarily the biggest fan of, atleast we can say we saved the Imagination pavilion.

DancingPhoenix

To me Figment is bigger than they understand. He is more of an icon of WDW (IMO) than even Mickey- he’s unique to WDW. What other Disney Parks have a character so unique? I know Tokyo has their Sinbad ride with the cute tiger, but I don’t honestly know of any others.

If they want people to spend money visiting all of their parks they need to keep that uniqueness rather than homogenize everything. Besides, nostalgia is too bankable to ignore. I’ll definitely keep letting them know how much I love him, survey or not 🙂

Kman101

I feel like at this point, Imagination will stick around until GotG and Rat are open. If it were to go down before, that park would be in very rough shape for a few years, between having several rides down and major construction in the spine.

Yeah, and with SSE moved up on the list (I assume that's still happening?), Imagination keeps getting shoved off. Maybe that's not a bad thing ...

But to be fair, they still closed down GMR in a park that desperately needed things to do and Epcot is in better shape so they'd survive closing it. But it doesn't seem likely.

Would be nice if they got moving on something for WOL ...

Kman101

To me Figment is bigger than they understand. He is more of an icon of WDW (IMO) than even Mickey- he’s unique to WDW. What other Disney Parks have a character so unique? I know Tokyo has their Sinbad ride with the cute tiger, but I don’t honestly know of any others.

If they want people to spend money visiting all of their parks they need to keep that uniqueness rather than homogenize everything. Besides, nostalgia is too bankable to ignore. I’ll definitely keep letting them know how much I love him, survey or not 🙂

Marketing and merchandising seems to have realized Figment sells. Not sure what managements problem is.

Agreed completely.

I mean they're trying to make money off merch based on Dole Whips, Churros, Mickey Bars ... lol

Unique sells.

Look at Tokyo, they have some Country Bear plush and a couple of pins ... why not here at WDW? At least we have the Bears roaming Frontierland now and interacting with guests. Adds a lot, IMO.

At least they tapped in the Haunted Mansion market, a lot of that stuff flies off the shelves (but a lot of it is stuff people won't buy and $34 shirts that don't have great designs on them).

Jasperkitty

While I'd love to see the ride updated and bringing DreamMaker back (maybe based on the comic books?), I'd also like to advocate for bringing back being able to meet and greet with him too. I will admit I had a mild meltdown and cried a little when we went back for our 20th anniverary to find out they had retired him. It had been a rough couple of years and I had been looking forward to it as a way of coping with family medical issues.

If there was a link to the surveys so I could add my voice (and shanghai everyone else I know to do the same), I'd appreciate it.

I will say, the cast members who made a point of adding a lot of Figment flavored pixie dust to make up for it went far over and beyond to make it better though. It made my day, and yes, we made a point of stopping by guest services to fill out comment cards as a way of saying thanks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom