How big are the drops on Flight of passage?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Three feet. ~.9 meters.

By doing DAK After Hours, I spent one of my seven rides in a row looking back at where we put our backpacks and stuff. One can clearly see the extent of the vertical motion of the theater that way. Noting the highest and lowest points against the unmoving wall. Then standing next to it and noting where those points hit my body. Then measuring those points against my body... it's three feet.

You almost constantly being thrown upward and then the theater 'drops' to catch up. Up and down and up and down over and over.

It's the visual cues (and the wind and spray) that tricks your brain into thinking each drop is a hundred feet and not three.

dreamscometrue

Three feet. ~.9 meters.

By doing DAK After Hours, I spent one of my seven rides in a row looking back at where we put our backpacks and stuff. One can clearly see the extent of the vertical motion of the theater that way. Noting the highest and lowest points against the unmoving wall. Then standing next to it and noting where those points hit my body. Then measuring those points against my body... it's three feet.

You almost constantly being thrown upward and then the theater 'drops' to catch up. Up and down and up and down over and over.

It's the visual cues (and the wind and spray) that tricks your brain into thinking each drop is a hundred feet and not three.
Like this video shows, from someone who left their phone recording in the storage bin I assume. Start at 10:35

CodySewell

If it were my choice, this attraction would have had large drops as it would have been an inverted coaster through Pandora. I play Roller Coaster Tycoon 3, so some ideas I have are just from experience.

Trackmaster

If it were my choice, this attraction would have had large drops as it would have been an inverted coaster through Pandora. I play Roller Coaster Tycoon 3, so some ideas I have are just from experience.

You should switch over to Planet Coaster. You'll see what you've been missing and how archaic and limited RCT3 is. You really can't make a coaster that's ridable in RCT. They do what they can with their limited game engine, but the transitions are so stock and inappropriate for an actual coaster. PC allows you to bend the track and make any design that you want so that the transitions are smooth and realistic. In reality, you won't see a coaster that goes from a drop to a flatten transition to a bank to a turn to an unbank to an inversion, a good coaster will blend all of those elements together so that its not unridable for a guest. PC allows this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom