The NonDisney MARVEL Comics Film Thread

Tick Tock

Finally got around to seeing Venom. Was pleasantly surprised with how much I enjoyed it. This is far from being the first time I've been led astray by RT scores and critic ratings. I almost passed on this one altogether due to the horrible reviews. Very glad I didn't. Excited to learn where the sequel goes given the big reveal of a fan favorite character in a mid-credits scene.

I'm guessing the sequel is still a go, given the way things are going so far for part 1.
https://screenrant.com/venom-movie-box-office-success/
https://deadline.com/2018/10/venom-crosses-300-million-international-box-office-1202489223/

Princess Leia

8A3DCBC9-300B-4A2B-9B74-A5FF3FF0A5FC.jpeg

Bit of a difference here

Princess Leia

I'm not sure if this is one one of those, the critics are trying to make a statement situations. Granted I haven't seen it yet but I don't see how it goes from the 80s to the 40s just from the rating. The audience seems to like it. I'm kind of glad they did it so I can take my son as I wouldn't let him see it otherwise.
I read a positive review of it that did say that there were some scenes that didn’t quite make sense without seeing the R-rated version first. I still might see it with my sister

erasure fan1

I read a positive review of it that did say that there were some scenes that didn’t quite make sense without seeing the R-rated version first. I still might see it with my sister
I can see how that could be. I think seeing this could give a glimpse of weather a pg13 Deadpool, if made from the ground up as pg13, could work. That would be the only way we see him mixed with the MCU. For what it's worth, my sons friends, 1st to 4th grade, saw it today and they really liked it.

Princess Leia

I can see how that could be. I think seeing this could give a glimpse of weather a pg13 Deadpool, if made from the ground up as pg13, could work. That would be the only way we see him mixed with the MCU. For what it's worth, my sons friends, 1st to 4th grade, saw it today and they really liked it.
I’m curious- how well did a 1st grader understand the film?

It’s not like kids haven’t been introduced to the character on their own; I see kids wearing Deadpool merch all the time.

erasure fan1

I’m curious- how well did a 1st grader understand the film?

It’s not like kids haven’t been introduced to the character on their own; I see kids wearing Deadpool merch all the time.
Well the first grader said "it two hour, dat looong" Lol

Id say the 1st grader was probably just interested in the action and visuals.

champdisney

Well, that enthusiasm led to a Deadpool movie.
Ryan Reynolds was determined to make a Deadpool movie and get the character right, including the fact that everyone and their mothers wanted a Deadpool movie.

Channing Tatum is just upset because he grew out his hair for the part for nothing.

LSLS

Saw a video where the guy says he has heard from multiple people who are in with the movie that Dark Phoenix is a complete disaster and execs are freaking out because they don't know what to do about it. Personally, I didn't hate most of the "bad" X-Men movies like a lot of people did, and I don't have a clue who the guy was or what his inside knowledge is, but it would be a sad end to the Fox X-Men if it is not really good.

LSLS

And punisher and jessica jones get the axe. If they are smart, they move those straight to hulu. Punisher got incredible reviews and numbers from what I have read.

LSLS

And if they do, they better fix hulu. Nothing like having game of thrones pop up in the kids section my 6 year old is going through.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom