News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

tomast

Most likely, the energy theme is dead. Disney doesn't care about the original purpose of the attraction anymore, so I expect this to be all about the GOTG.

I do expect a small tribute to the Universe of Energy somewhere in the queue or ride, though. Something similar to Toad handing the deed to Owl in Winnie the Pooh, or the Maelstrom puffins in Frozen. Something small as a nod to the past that only diehard fans would notice and appreciate.
Or the horizons logo at mission space

tomast

We can't discount the idea that the track and vehicles were going to start being too expensive to maintain/replace parts for. I've stated it before, but I don't think it's a coincidence that Energy and the Great Movie Ride closed at the same time as both use very similar and complex ride systems.

I'm not saying replacing it with a rollercoaster was the right call, I'm just saying there's other factors we should consider

RollerCoaster & screen = cheaper

Missing20K

s t o p

I'm almost more annoyed with Wakanda rumors than I am with Zootopia rumors.

Almost.
But....but......but.....
giphy.gif

Tavernacle12

I'm not sure if Marvel was really up Joe Rohde's alley to begin with.

It seemed like a really weird fit to begin with. I could see him doing Star Wars, but there isn’t a ton of Marvel (maybe Doctor Strange and Black Panther?) that would seem of interest to him.
I imagine he’s working on something new for AK now, even if it’s awhile away from being greenlit.

Timothy_Q

It seemed like a really weird fit to begin with. I could see him doing Star Wars, but there isn’t a ton of Marvel (maybe Doctor Strange and Black Panther?) that would seem of interest to him.
I imagine he’s working on something new for AK now, even if it’s awhile away from being greenlit.
Agreed.

I prefer they use Joe for more visually-rich projects.
All of Marvel in the parks has been very basic looking

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom