In regard to Beast, Mermaid, & Indiana

ToTBellHop

Did he say what the source of the speculation is? Whether someone from WDW or his own assumptions?
It’s certainly an option for the park to get a Tangled show. I’ll believe it when I see it. New entertainment was originally supposed to come next year but they are following their patented “Delay, Delay, Delay” rule book. I can’t see them closing a high-capacity show for a couple years once Galaxy’s Edge opens, so the window for change is rapidly closing unless it’s a screen-based song-along.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
New entertainment was originally supposed to come next year but they are following their patented “Delay, Delay, Delay” rule book.

I think you meant "last year."

It was something Serpico related also...

By the time SWL opens I expect 2 of those to be 'different'. I mentioned earlier that 1 could be sooner, I am hearing next year for 1 and another by the close of 2019 but that one requires some infrastructure work. The other 2 should be refreshed by 2021. I also heard a rumor about a potential new show in a newish location. Serpico was pretty cryptic though on that one. Still, I really think we are trending the right way. . .

Kman101

It’s certainly an option for the park to get a Tangled show. I’ll believe it when I see it. New entertainment was originally supposed to come next year but they are following their patented “Delay, Delay, Delay” rule book. I can’t see them closing a high-capacity show for a couple years once Galaxy’s Edge opens, so the window for change is rapidly closing unless it’s a screen-based song-along.

All of the musicals should have been first on the list (but I understand from "their perspective" why? People still show up). And I think their record has shown they close whatever they want whenever they want. They've had no problem keeping Disney Junior dark for months. It takes that long? And on a super crowded day yesterday at the MK they have no problem not offering Tom Sawyer Island, the Riverboat ... Mansion was down for hours. The parks are almost always busy. I mean, 50 minutes for it's a small world on December 10th? I don't think they care too much what's closed when but at the same time, they panic closing anything. It's bizarre. Just get it done.

They have to stop finding excuses not to update the shows.

J. D.

Who says every show is only being considered to be replaced by a show?
fXCUz27.jpg

Timothy_Q

Are theaters big enough to house a ride? Or are you hinting that whole complexes will be razed for future development?
This better be an Animation Courtyard land redo.

Mermaid is the smallest theater, so it should be the one to go.
BatB should be enclosed and get a Tangled / Moana broadway-style show
Indy should be updated and join an Indy land

DinoInstitute

This better be an Animation Courtyard land redo.

Mermaid is the smallest theater, so it should be the one to go.
BatB should be enclosed and get a Tangled / Moana broadway-style show
Indy should be updated and join an Indy land
Honestly BatB should be more than enclosed, it would be much better off replaced altogether with a real, high capacity theater to house a high quality show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom