Syrup

KCL

Original Poster
What brand syrup is served with Mickey Waffles or really anything that requires it? Do they have actual maple syrup or is it all HFCS fake stuff?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I don't know officially, but it is has been my understanding that the fake stuff is what you will get at most restaurants in WDW. If you want the real stuff, you will need to bring your own.

KCL

Original Poster
I don't know officially, but it is has been my understanding that the fake stuff is what you will get at most restaurants in WDW. If you want the real stuff, you will need to bring your own.

So what you’re saying is that if I want MAPLE syrup I need to stock up at Cracker Barrel? ;)

DisAl

Whatever it is you can bet it is not genuine maple syrup. Maple flavored maybe, but not real maple syrup. If you have ever had 100% genuine maple syrup you know the difference. The real stuff is too expensive for Disney to waste on us.
And as another poster mentioned the "maple" syrup at Cracker Barrel is half and half now. Still better than generic artificial flavored corn sugar syrup but not as good as the real thing.

DisneyGigi

It isn’t real. I can’t stand the fake stuff so I eat my Mickey Waffles plain. You can get Maple Syrup in Canada though. I bought some a few years ago. I don’t like Cracker Barrel either unless they changed it. It is thin and although tastes kind of like Maple, not the good stuff.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
So what you’re saying is that if I want MAPLE syrup I need to stock up at Cracker Barrel? ;)

Yes. They sell Log Cabin in some resort gift shops (which isn't maple syrup, either).

Jon81uk

It isn’t real. I can’t stand the fake stuff so I eat my Mickey Waffles plain. You can get Maple Syrup in Canada though. I bought some a few years ago. I don’t like Cracker Barrel either unless they changed it. It is thin and although tastes kind of like Maple, not the good stuff.

Most of the real Maple syrup I've come across is thinner and more liquid than the generic pancake syrup.

dreamfinder

WDW has syrup (at least the container we got yesterday at Wilderness lodge) that "is made with real maple syrup" according to the pull label on the top of the tub.

Interesting. Might be better for my runs than gel packs. Plus the added bonus of putting it on my pancakes.

I've actually demoed the stuff. The waffles aren't bad, I didn't get much maple out of their beverage, but the pouches are pretty darn tasty.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
WDW has syrup (at least the container we got yesterday at Wilderness lodge) that "is made with real maple syrup" according to the pull label on the top of the tub.

I've actually demoed the stuff. The waffles aren't bad, I didn't get much maple out of their beverage, but the pouches are pretty darn tasty.
The skeptic in me would lead me to believe that "is made with real maple syrup" probably boils down to a certain percentage of it being maple syrup without it being pure maple syrup.

Now that could mean that they have just added a preservative or two to extend shelf life, but my money would be on them adding a very small quantity of pure maple syrup to the fake stuff so "is made with real maple syrup" is technically true.

Worldlover71

Another option is to get the fruit compote with your waffles instead of the fake syrup. It's mostly pureed strawberries and it's not bad, though there is room for improvement there too.

dreamfinder

The skeptic in me would lead me to believe that "is made with real maple syrup" probably boils down to a certain percentage of it being maple syrup without it being pure maple syrup.

Now that could mean that they have just added a preservative or two to extend shelf life, but my money would be on them adding a very small quantity of pure maple syrup to the fake stuff so "is made with real maple syrup" is technically true.

Oh yeah, I'd be shocked if the real syrup portion was more than 5-10%. That stuff gets expensive real fast, especially in the volumes WDW must go through.

Quick googling seems to appear it is this product -> https://hhproductscompany.com/pancake-waffle-syrup/

You can read the top label on the picture found here -> https://disneyforfive.wordpress.com/2015/12/12/gluten-free-mickey-waffles-rule/ where real syrup appears to be the 4th item on the list, behind corn syrup, HFCS, and water. (Click the picture to make bigger)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom