Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

bshah365

Does anyone know if the Resistance vehicles will have individual seat belts or one lap bar for the entire row similar to Simpsons..? Transformers and Resistance both have "controlled descents" from one floor to the next, Star Wars being rumored to be a bit more exhilarating.... I'm assuming Resistance will have a height restriction of *at least* 40 inches... Which IMO I don't think is bad.. 40 inches is the general height of an *average* 4 year old...

Marc Davis Fan

Was the Galaxy's Edge stated opening changed from "late-fall 2019" to "fall 2019" for a reason? It seems unlikely that it's an oversight, since that would be a pretty significant one. Might this be evidence that it will open slightly earlier than previously anticipated (e.g., that we should no longer assume mid-November or later, as at least a lot of us have been doing)?

First, here is a screenshot of the Disney Parks blog post and relevant part the opening "date" announcement video, from May 22:

Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 9.28.23 PM.png

And here is a screenshot from the most recent SWGE-related announcement and video, from November 17:

Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 9.29.32 PM.png

The main WDW website's SWGE page also lists the opening as "fall 2019," but unfortunately I don't know if it stated "late-fall 2019" previously.

Any thoughts/insight here? Should we still be expecting mid-November or later?

Does anyone know if the Resistance vehicles will have individual seat belts or one lap bar for the entire row...

I'm 90% sure it will have individual seat belts.

rle4lunch

Was the Galaxy's Edge stated opening changed from "late-fall 2019" to "fall 2019" for a reason? It seems unlikely that it's an oversight, since that would be a pretty significant one. Might this be evidence that it will open slightly earlier than previously anticipated (e.g., that we should no longer assume mid-November or later, as at least a lot of us have been doing)?

First, here is a screenshot of the Disney Parks blog post and relevant part the opening "date" announcement video, from May 22:

View attachment 331556

And here is a screenshot from the most recent SWGE-related announcement and video, from November 17:

View attachment 331555
The main WDW website's SWGE page also lists the opening as "fall 2019," but unfortunately I don't know if it stated "late-fall 2019" previously.

Any thoughts/insight here? Should we still be expecting mid-November or later?

I'm 90% sure it will have individual seat belts.

Martin kinda walked it back after he said it, but one of his posts stated October as the "planned" opening timeframe.

Marc Davis Fan

Martin kinda walked it back after he said it, but one of his posts stated October as the "planned" opening timeframe.

Hmm. There’s a noticeable silence from our insiders re the opening month. We commonly hear estimates of the opening months of things (e.g., MMRR, Skyliner), but not SWGE. I wonder why. Is it very uncertain, or top secret?

Any chance that the AA's in the resistance ride will be comparable to the ones we are seeing in the BandB ride going in at Tokyo?
I'd hope so, but we haven't seen anything on the ride itself that would necessitate such advanced AAs. Kylo Ren? Droids? Some rumoured rothtars? The stormtroopers, while there's a lot of em, aren't exactly calling for so much kinetic motion in the facial department.

My gut tells me they'll still find an excuse to throw one in somewhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom