Walking around EPCOT with no crowds is the new fastpass...

mbroschak

Original Poster
My wife and I had three fastpasses for EPCOT tonight and cancelled them once we realized that we could just walk around without wall to wall crowds and just enjoy a nice evening without people dodging... I never thought I would say this, but I can get fastpasses anytime, walking around in peace and quiet is the rarity!!

Attachments

• 0BAF42EC-BE2F-47EE-819F-81D6AD4FA94D.jpeg
    0BAF42EC-BE2F-47EE-819F-81D6AD4FA94D.jpeg
    53.7 KB · Views: 150

NickMaio

My wife and I had three fastpasses for EPCOT tonight and cancelled them once we realized that we could just walk around without wall to wall crowds and just enjoy a nice evening without people dodging... I never thought I would say this, but I can get fastpasses anytime, walking around in peace and quiet is the rarity!!
Enjoy😊

Tiggertoo56

I was there this afternoon and it was quiet too - most kiosks are gone, but some are there being made over for Festival of the Holidays. We noticed this last time we were in WDW, once F&W finishes there are a few quiet days. We also did rides with no FP. Leaving tomorrow to travel back to UK after 3 brilliant weeks.

Nottamus

And I was in the wrong place last night...we did MK...and it was crazy!

We go there at 6:30 pm and I think people were in their spots for fireworks already

NickMaio

We go there at 6:30 pm and I think people were in their spots for fireworks already
Once Tron opens - - it is going to get more insane!!!
That park is so over saturated - - - - -
I still love it to pieces though!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is in dire need of an expansion - - - - more space to move PLEASE!!!

Raineman

What is the usual endpoint of F&W? Is it usually the end of the the first week of November? I imagine we'll have to wait until early next year to get the actual F&W dates. We were at WDW last year from Oct. 29 to Nov. 6, and the festival was still happening that week. Our visit next year is from Nov. 10-18, so if we could manage it so we spend a day at Epcot after F&W, and the crowds are low, that would be great.

IanDLBZF

What is the usual endpoint of F&W? Is it usually the end of the the first week of November? I imagine we'll have to wait until early next year to get the actual F&W dates. We were at WDW last year from Oct. 29 to Nov. 6, and the festival was still happening that week. Our visit next year is from Nov. 10-18, so if we could manage it so we spend a day at Epcot after F&W, and the crowds are low, that would be great.
As far as I can tell, F&W ends the Monday after Veteran's Day (weekend), as last year it ended on 11/13 and this year on 11/12. What do those two dates have in common? They're the Monday after Veteran's Day.

JIMINYCR

After the F&W and before the crowds pick up for the Thanksgiving crush. Take advantage of it while you can. It certainly wont last long...
I expect people will be flying in in mass very soon.

Raineman

As far as I can tell, F&W ends the Monday after Veteran's Day (weekend), as last year it ended on 11/13 and this year on 11/12. What do those two dates have in common? They're the Monday after Veteran's Day.
Good to know. If we schedule our Epcot day for the Wednesday after Veteran's Day, we should be good.

Walt Disney1955

I always sort of laugh at the people who go extra early to find a spot for fireworks. I can't believe no one realizes how good of a spot (and more or less empty) it is to the right of the castle going towards Tomorrowland on the bridge. You miss the holograms on the front, but so what? I have never ever waited for the fireworks, I always find a way to sneak in and get a spot in the main hub somewhere. If people wait two hours for this all I can ask is...........why?

drizgirl

I always sort of laugh at the people who go extra early to find a spot for fireworks. I can't believe no one realizes how good of a spot (and more or less empty) it is to the right of the castle going towards Tomorrowland on the bridge. You miss the holograms on the front, but so what? I have never ever waited for the fireworks, I always find a way to sneak in and get a spot in the main hub somewhere. If people wait two hours for this all I can ask is...........why?
Because they don't want to be that person who "sneaks in" last minute to get a spot?

eliza61nyc

:):)
Enjoy @mbroschak , that is one of my favorite ways to end my day at Epcot. Now that my kids are young adults and will some times ditch me. We usually stay at the Beach Club so we end our evenings walking around world showcase then through the back gate.

I usually go last week in August which is a slower period also. glad to hear the crowds are down, may have to consider this time for 2019

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom