Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Movielover

If the entire paved area will be a pool, I wonder why they carved out so many uniformed openings.. By the looks of it and how rectangular they all are, I thought switchbacks of queue would occupy each opening.

I believe the queue will make it's way under the arches before reaching the indoor section of the line.

Attachments

• linesw.jpg
    linesw.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 112

WDW Monorail

Having not seen a site plan of the are with contours, I did not realize the elevation changes that will occur in the area. It’s not incredibly obvious by looking at the aerial pictures until you notice the number of underground structures that are still exposed. Of course grading is not complete and these structures will eventually be buried.

Purduevian

Do we know how the Tier process will work for Hollywood Studios once this opens?

Option 1: No tiers
Pros: Lots of E and D Tickets in the Park
Cons: Some people will get no Star Wars

Option 2: Tier 1: Star Wars , Tier 2: Else
Pros: Everyone should get 1 Star Wars
Cons: MMRR will be hard to get as the only new E ticket in tier 2

Option 3: Tier 1: 2019 Rides, Tier 2: Else
Pros: Everyone will get either Star Wars or MMRR
Cons: Only can skip 1 line of the 3 new E tickets

Option 4: Tier 1: 2019 Rides (pick up to 2), Tier 2: Else
Pros: Everyone should get at least 1 new ride, some will get 2
Cons: Tier 1 has never allowed 2 picks before, not seen before

I can't think of another time in the FP+ time where 3 new E tickets have opened in the same year in the same park.

For Reference 2019 (with FP):
E Tickets: Alcatraz (SW), Big Bird (SW), MMRR, ToT
D Tickets: Slinky, TSMM(debatable), Star Tours, Rock n' Roller coaster(debatable), Star Tours
Other: VotlM, Disney Jr, Frozen Singalong, Indy, Muppets, BatB, Fantasmic, Cars Show(?)

twebber55

Do we know how the Tier process will work for Hollywood Studios once this opens?

Option 1: No tiers
Pros: Lots of E and D Tickets in the Park
Cons: Some people will get no Star Wars

Option 2: Tier 1: Star Wars , Tier 2: Else
Pros: Everyone should get 1 Star Wars
Cons: MMRR will be hard to get as the only new E ticket in tier 2

Option 3: Tier 1: 2019 Rides, Tier 2: Else
Pros: Everyone will get either Star Wars or MMRR
Cons: Only can skip 1 line of the 3 new E tickets

Option 4: Tier 1: 2019 Rides (pick up to 2), Tier 2: Else
Pros: Everyone should get at least 1 new ride, some will get 2
Cons: Tier 1 has never allowed 2 picks before, not seen before

I can't think of another time in the FP+ time where 3 new E tickets have opened in the same year in the same park.

For Reference 2019 (with FP):
E Tickets: Alcatraz (SW), Big Bird (SW), MMRR, ToT
D Tickets: Slinky, TSMM(debatable), Star Tours, Rock n' Roller coaster(debatable), Star Tours
Other: VotlM, Disney Jr, Frozen Singalong, Indy, Muppets, BatB, Fantasmic, Cars Show(?)
Nice list....
i would almost guarantee the two Star Wars rides will be tier 1
everything else will be tier 2
like Pandora

Purduevian

I could see option 2 also as being a possibility. I suspect few will choose Mickey as their tier 1.

True, however I feel like almost everyone would try to get Mickey as their tier 2, causing problems. It is a brand new E ticket, family friendly attraction based on a character loved by everyone at Disney World. I really feel like the right thing to do would be Tier 1 have the 2019 new rides. If Alien Swirling saucers can be tier 1, so should Mickey.

Goodeone

For the first few months I could see them going without any FP+ for SW:GE, or at most a single FP+ strictly to enter the land as the only Tier 1. Guests are of more value to them in shops and restaurants than they are standing in a line to enter the land.

My idea would be:
Tier 1 - MMRR & Land entry to SW:GE (everything inside land is stand-by only), no stand-by for land entry.
Tier 2 - Everything else

MickeyMinnieMom

For the first few months I could see them going without any FP+ for SW:GE
I've heard people say this, but I think many people would be so annoyed after getting used to FP+ that they couldn't guarantee a ride on the new attractions ahead of time. Truthfully, we'd postpone a trip until we could book FP... which actually might help them with crowds unless too many people felt like our family does on this.

RSoxNo1

Nice list....
i would almost guarantee the two Star Wars rides will be tier 1
everything else will be tier 2
like Pandora
I'm guessing it will be Two Star Wars Rides and MMRR in Tier 1, everything else in Tier 2.

Of course, it would be great if they eliminated advance booking entirely and just brought back legacy rules on the digital system, but it's not a Disney vacation if you don't have to over plan.

Last edited:

The Pho

I'm guessing it will be Two Star Wars Rides and MMRR in Tier 1, everything else in Tier 2.

Of course, it would be great if the eliminated advance booking entirely and just brought back legacy rules on the digital system, but it's not a Disney vacation if you don't have to over plan.
I imagine new rides as tier one is the only option for that.
Honestly they could easily do both for rules. Just hold more passes to release day of, but really that's only needed for the newest rides. It's not exactly tough to get passes day of for most rides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom