Spaceship earth appreciation

winstongator

I work in electronics that has driven the communication revolution. From before I started working to now, electronics went into solid-state switches and fiberoptics, to dial-up modems. to the www, to massive cellular networks, to the future and 5g.

Learning from other humans - standing on the shoulders of giants - has allowed the massive changes the world has seen over the past 5,000 years.

Disstevefan1

When I saw this current version for the first time and I saw the moon landing scene, it gave me chills.

What you see is exactly my childhood on the night Apollo 11 landed. I was the kid on the floor watching the first small step on the TV in our finished basement.

I remember looking over my shoulder and seeing my mom and dad sitting together as we all watched history happen.

I truly thought that scene was created for ME. Versions of SSE will come and go, but this one will be special to me..

JIMINYCR

I enjoy it being a lengthy, relaxing, pleasant ride. Its a uniquely built structure with a different type ride through than usually found in parks. Traveling forward in time, viewing the progress man has made with each scene of eye catching animatronics to emphasize the breakthroughs, educates without being preachy. Although I have enjoyed certain narrators more than others, every narrator has been pleasant to listen to. I try to ride SSE several times during a trip.

Stitch826

I've been on Spaceship Earth twice: once in 2013 and again on my trip earlier this month. I have not been overly impressed either time. On my most recent ride, the ride vehicle stopped two different times in the middle of the ride (I'm guessing to load/unload people with scooters). Plus, the air conditioning wasn't working properly.

HMF

I've been on Spaceship Earth twice: once in 2013 and again on my trip earlier this month. I have not been overly impressed either time. On my most recent ride, the ride vehicle stopped two different times in the middle of the ride (I'm guessing to load/unload people with scooters). Plus, the air conditioning wasn't working properly.
If you have only seen the current version, I can understand not being overly impressed. The previous incarnation of SSE (1994-2007) was literally life-changing for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom