News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

BrianLo

But seriously is Lamplight Lounge the only good thing that came from Pixar Pier? I can’t think of anything else.

Mermaid lost an attraction.... that's a win regardless of what is coming.

Speaking of which, I totally forgot there are 'two' attractions to come. Will SW:GE open as counter-programming to the horror show of crowds that will be the Jessie's Critter Carousel double teaming with the Inside Out Spinner?

Why is this overlay soooooo slowly finishing its rollout.

DanielBB8

Speaking of which, I totally forgot there are 'two' attractions to come. Will SW:GE open as counter-programming to the horror show of crowds that will be the Jessie's Critter Carousel double teaming with the Inside Out Spinner?

Why is this overlay soooooo slowly finishing its rollout.
Oddly, would you believe timing? The Incredicoaster opened in time for The Incredibles movie. The carousel will open in time for Toy Story 4 in June 2019. Right on time!!!

The original timeline for completing Pixar Pier was never realistic. The Bug’s Land wasn’t going to closed in time to salvage the spinner for the Inside Out ride. The carousel takes more time for the conversion as well.

Last edited:

Disneylover152

But seriously is Lamplight Lounge the only good thing that came from Pixar Pier? I can’t think of anything else.

Improvements & Only Good Things from Pixar Pier (according to @Disneylover152)

Entrance Area
1542153778364.png

vs.
1542153503478.png

Pixar Promenade Exteriors
1542153918662.png

vs.
1542153598065.png

1542153724165.png

Pixar Pal Around sign (except the name)
1542154078231.png

vs.
1542153302779.png

And of course,

The Instagramable experiences.

Little-to-none
vs.

Attachments

• 1542153454350.png
    1542153454350.png
    1 MB · Views: 64

mickEblu

Improvements & Only Good Things from Pixar Pier (according to @Disneylover152)

Entrance Area
View attachment 326161
vs.
View attachment 326154

Pixar Promenade Exteriors
View attachment 326162
vs.
View attachment 326158
View attachment 326160

Pixar Pal Around sign (except the name)
View attachment 326163
vs.
View attachment 326152

And of course,

The Instagramable experiences.

Little-to-none
vs.

Hmmmm.

I agree on the entrance but I kind of subconsciously lumped that in with Lamplight Lounge and that area.

Disagree on the boardwalk games exteriors themselves being improvement but do think the bandstand area looks nice and Bing Bongs is ok.

The Pixar Pal Around sign is an upgrade so long as you can ignore what they re calling the ride.

mickEblu

The visuals of Pixar Pier are not an upgrade because they lack any storytelling relevance. They are completely disconnected from the aesthetic of Pixar as a brand or the individual movies represented.

We get that. Pixar Pier is crap. We re comparing one structure to another or one sign to another and saying which one we think looks better. I think anyone that has eyes should be able to say what they think looks better. I guess it’s the word “upgrade” that you take issue with. The land is obviously a downgrade as a whole from a thematic standpoint. But If I walk by the Lamplight Lounge and that sign makes me happier than the previous signage and is more aesthetically pleasing to me then that particular sign is an upgrade for me right?

When you re walking by the sign you’re not going to like it any less because it’s disconnected from aesthetics of Pixar as a brand. Let’s not act as if aesthetics are not a huge part of the theme park experience and probably more important than theme. Obviously when everything is in perfect harmony is best.

Last edited:

DanielBB8

It is better themed. It’s a better pier theme and aesthetic and done in pure Disney fashion. There are different levels of storytelling. Disney already explained it. I will be glad when the walls finally come down.

mickEblu

100% true! You can literately be at the end of Pixar Pier and still the MB building towering over the park.

My point was to exemplify how aesthetics are very important even on their own without taking theme into account. Nobody complains about seeing the Matterhorn from Frontierland or seeing Space Mountain from Main Street because they’re pleasing to look at.

NateD1226

My point was to exemplify how aesthetics are very important even on their own without taking theme into account. Nobody complains about seeing the Matterhorn from Frontierland or seeing Space Mountain from Main Street because they’re pleasing to look at.
Oops! Oh ok! But yes, I agree with that too haha.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom