Spaceship in Spaceship Earth

geekza

Stupid question: How do they keep birds from nesting in SE? I know they'd have to fly in through the front door, but one would imagine that would happen from time to time.

JoeCamel

Stupid question: How do they keep birds from nesting in SE? I know they'd have to fly in through the front door, but one would imagine that would happen from time to time.
Couple of signs like these at the building opening
pig.jpg

One look and they wouldn't dare

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
You are directly below it as you're exiting the star field. I guess you would turn your head to the right as you're entering the starfield.
This. As you enter the blue lights area look over your right shoulder, roughly at the same height as you’re sat.

As you are about to exit the blue lights area look directly above and behind your head, slightly to the right.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
You are directly below it as you're exiting the star field. I guess you would turn your head to the right as you're entering the starfield.
This. As you enter the blue lights area look over your right shoulder, roughly at the same height as you’re sat.

As you are about to exit the blue lights area look directly above and behind your head, slightly to the right.
Thanks fellas! My nephews (11 and 15 years old) are absolutely fascinated with the original Epcot attractions and get a kick out of looking for any old remnants. Its more fun than Hidden Mickeys to them. It really makes me smile to see how excited they get when learning about things like this. You would think for their age that they would not care, but they even send me pictures when they do research online and ask if I remember whatever it is they are researching.

They LOVE your videos, @marni1971 , and if they ever met you they would have a million questions. You would definitely be their favorite M&G of all time:cool:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Thanks fellas! My nephews (11 and 15 years old) are absolutely fascinated with the original Epcot attractions and get a kick out of looking for any old remnants. Its more fun than Hidden Mickeys to them. It really makes me smile to see how excited they get when learning about things like this. You would think for their age that they would not care, but they even send me pictures when they do research online and ask if I remember whatever it is they are researching.

They LOVE your videos, @marni1971 , and if they ever met you they would have a million questions. You would definitely be their favorite M&G of all time:cool:
Bless. That’s so sweet.

Any pictures they send that you’re stuck on send ‘em over

trainplane3

Slightly different take on it but I'm down here with someone that rarely experiences the parks. When we got to Epcot I basically turn into a history book thanks to Martins videos. While they stare at the screen, I was staring at the space station. It was my first, really good and clear look at it in person....and Disney did it for me!

*Jumps while in line for imagination*
Her - why did you do that?
I wanted to see if this is where the ride used to be at.
Her - Why isn't it anymore?
Bad decisions were made in the 90s. Oh this is a turntable by the way.
Her - It's huge!
Ya, Disney used to think big at one point.

Missing20K

Your nephews give me hope for the future.

aladdin2007

I've always felt those blue lights were nothing but a filler to enclose space, nothing more than a way so they wouldn't have to do much else. Im hoping in the next version we see a return of the expansive space feeling, but then Im hoping for a lot of things that prob wont come to be anyway :) but fun to think about alternatives.

Expo_Seeker40

I never understood why the space station window was placed where it was. Wouldn’t it have made more sense to put it where the virtual classroom was from 1994-2007 with the “arm” extending over the vehicles and connecting to the astronaut and satellite prop?

Did people notice the girl in the window because of the light pouring into the space station scene? Yet they’d always have to look behind and to their right.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I never understood why the space station window was placed where it was. Wouldn’t it have made more sense to put it where the virtual classroom was from 1994-2007 with the “arm” extending over the vehicles and connecting to the astronaut and satellite prop?

Did people notice the girl in the window because of the light pouring into the space station scene? Yet they’d always have to look behind and to their right.
No, because the classroom was in the cramped first stage descent through the core down to the 52ft level.

You couldn’t miss her since she first appeared as you were facing the earth projection (which was smaller and not as bright). Then you’d see the second satellite, and naturally follow the satellites arm into the space station.

Bocabear

They need to make the first projection with the cave men hunting brighter. It is so hard to see!
Like the projections in the computer tunnel, the Cave men part is near impossible to see...Last time we rode my partner turned to me and said "I thought this was cave men hunting a wooly mammoth"... It still is, you just cant see it anymore...the projections are so overly dimmed...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom