Line Jumpers/Line Stallers

Minthorne

Perceptively, you are moving "Faster" if you are walking continuously, rather than stopping now and again. any of the "line wait since fastpass" threads will show a common complaint is that you used to almost never stop walking when loading on an Omni, but now you do, as they feed in people from the other line.

Perceptively isn't the word I'd use. Would it be fair to say that continuous slow movement over stop and go movement gives the illusion of moving faster? I personally would rather not feel the need to kick or hit the person between the shoulder blades with a water bottle when a little bit of patience and they will eventually move up. It is like the guy that just has to pass you only to get to a red light and wait.

Maeryk

Perceptively isn't the word I'd use. Would it be fair to say that continuous slow movement over stop and go movement gives the illusion of moving faster? I personally would rather not feel the need to kick or hit the person between the shoulder blades with a water bottle when a little bit of patience and they will eventually move up. It is like the guy that just has to pass you only to get to a red light and wait.

That was meant to be perceptionally.. as in "it just feels like you are moving faster".

I don't get kicking or hitting people. That's obnoxious. "Excuse me, the line has moved" works. Or just point if they don't seem to speak the language. Frankly, we all get to talking in groups or obsessing about some detail in the theming and may not notice people moving forward.

Beyond the backpack peeve, can we complain about people who sit on the queue dividers and/or allow their kids to swing on them, run back and forth under/around them, etc? I get that your kid is bored. Mine were too at that age. But I didn't allow mine to go careening into people and, nor were they allowed to force people to move in their own space so they could play.

MickeyLuv'r

Perceptively, you are moving "Faster" if you are walking continuously, rather than stopping now and again. any of the "line wait since fastpass" threads will show a common complaint is that you used to almost never stop walking when loading on an Omni, but now you do, as they feed in people from the other line.

With rides, it generally doesn't matter, but it can make a difference if the slow walkers are slow enough that they don't fill every car. If you are behind them, you might not notice a family that split up unintentionally.

I've seen this a number of times in the HM. Kids and adults get to the moving beltway then panic. I don't mean they are scared, I mean they just didn't think about how they want to sit, so they hold up the queue while they discuss it, and several empty cars pass the end of the loading area.

In highway traffic, stop and start matters a great deal. In traffic, stop and start not only adds to back ups, it also = a great many traffic accidents. I saw one just this morning....

MickeyLuv'r

can we complain about people who sit on the queue dividers and/or allow their kids to swing on them, run back and forth under/around them, etc?

Once, as our bus approached AK, we saw an ambulance. CM bus driver said it happens all the time: folks sitting on the railings lose their balance and hit their head on the concrete.

I daresay...while children of both genders play with queue dividers, parental reaction often differs by gender. Girls are more often reprimanded, while climbing boys are often tolerated. I've very specifically seen parents ignore their son's misbehavior UNTIL the daughter joins him!

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I mean they just didn't think about how they want to sit, so they hold up the queue while they discuss it.

You mean like that group of 5 who spends 10 minutes in line at the QS place....only to get to the front and then ask the CM...."what do you recommend?"....then proceed at that point in time to ask the rest of their party "What do you guys want?"

PrincessRachelT

If y’all think WDW is bad, you should go to Hong Kong Disneyland or Shanghai Disneyland. It’s BAD over there. We had issues all through China with line cutters, as it’s the cultural norm over there, but Shanghai was the worst 🙈 My husband and I held hands and put our other hand on the rails and still got shoved into constantly.

ninjaprincesst

I agree on the line stallers... Unless you've gotten up to the last 10 or 15 feet before the entrance, I could care less if someone wants to take photos of a wall or the rope defining the lines. It doesn't impact anything, sometimes I think the stallers decide to stall because they have found one of the random spots where you can get some air blowing in your face which I can understand on a hot day.
I do because I can walk all day and be fine but standing still in one spot kills my back, it so much better to keep moving and I'm really angry when Im in pain because someone took a picture of the wall or took their 5000 selfie.

KINGLOUIS1993

You know what's even more annoying...people who show up last minute for a parade, fireworks, etc...than ask if its okay if their children stand in front of you to be next to the rope. The answer is always No. This annoys me so bad. Then they will sometimes make a smug remark about not allowing their children to do this....which I refuse to just let go, and explain that if they want a prime spot, Earn it, and stake it out like everyone else does.

1539931342527.png

Phil12

Umm, you're being sarcastic, right?
Not, not at all. There are several methods that can be used to advance more quickly through queues. One method has to do with queue splits and which queue to select. Parents need to teach their children why selecting one queue over another results in shorter time spent waiting. Also, it important to teach children not to get behind indecisive persons in a queue. As an example, it's not a good idea to get behind a person in a food line if that person wants to read the menu before they decide to place their order. It's generally better to jump over to another line while the menu looker backs up other guests.

Weather_Lady

LOL -- the one trip when I had finally had "enough" of line-cutters and decided to bark out some cutting words (pun intended) as a couple of them edged by me in the Buzz Lightyear queue, I ended up inadvertently hollering -- as my DH, who had been watching the party, explained -- at two harried chaperones for a group of special-needs adults. They were just trying to catch up to their charges, who had apparently blundered into the queue not far ahead of us while the chaperones were distracted with putting their wheelchairs and walkers in stroller parking. I was mortified, and will probably never have the temerity to say anything in similar situations again.

As for the people who get so distracted they miss the fact that the line has moved -- that doesn't bother me. They'll figure it out eventually and move up, and I'll be boarding the ride vehicle at the same time regardless.

Phil12

As long as one of those methods isn't cutting in front of other people, we're fine.
Let me give you a specific example. Many of the quick service restaurants at WDW have queues at the cash registers when you order your food. Each individual cash register has two lines. Invariably guests will line up in a single line as many as ten or twenty deep and leave the other line vacant. Now, am I supposed to tell each and every person in that line that they should form another line on the other side of the cash register? As Mr. Bernard points out, it's my responsibility to lead by example. Therefore I don't go to the end of the long queue. Instead I start a new line on the other side of the cash register and other people quickly learn and join me! Not only have I advanced in the queue more quickly than the other people in line, but I have also educated other guests as to how quick service food lines work. I am doubly rewarded and am often thanked by my fellow guests.

By the same token, it's not always a good idea to be "first" in a queue. For many attractions such as "It's Tough to Be a Bug" or "Soarin" (and many others) you must position yourself in the queue in a particular fashion in order to get the best seats. That requires that you work your party into a specific load pattern. And needless to say that it can sometimes be in your best interest to avoid getting on an attraction with other guests that have demonstrated their obnoxious behavior in the queue. Or you may wish to avoid people with poor hygiene that exhibit foul body odor.

Just as there are many ways to skin cats, there are many ways to advance in a queue.

Paper straw fan

You jest, but I have quickly assessed the people in lines such as quick service restaurants and the park entrance, which groups of people are going to get thru in an efficient manner, and which give off the vibe of “I have to make everything difficult” that will no doubt act like this is their first day ever outside the bunker in a public setting. Has nothing to do with age, race, gender...you just know

This can come in handy at grocery stores too- I seem to be able to smell “I’m paying using a combo of nickels, a third party check, and Greek Drachmas” or “no, the sign said these porterhouse steaks are buy 1 get 7 free!”

Last edited:

Damon7777

Not only have I advanced in the queue more quickly than the other people in line, but I have also educated other guests as to how quick service food lines work.

No, you are just the rudest person who has no consideration for those in line by capitalizing on a derelict CM at the expense of others well established in the queue.

Last edited:

Damon7777

Rude opportunist taking advantage of an inept CM working the register and failing to be considerate of others who obviously were waiting ahead of you.

This reveals something of a "me first" attitude at the expense of others.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom