The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

Nursing home or elderly relative for volunteer hours too. I got a lot of mine that way!

Just to clarify about “Senior Trip”.. it’s not put on by the school.. the school is not involved at all. It’s common for students of certain schools to stay at certain hotels/destinations etc.. but it’s like a right of passage after graduation.. Planned by the kids and approved by their parents. Technically most are adults at that point, with the exception of those with Summer birthdays.. I’ll allow it for my son, it’s 2.5 months before college, so they’re going to be without parents soon enough.
I thought a senior trip was really common.. maybe it depends on what part of the country you live in?

Senior Day was during the school year.. we had busses and went to an amusement park... that was done by the school with chaperones.
We were required volunteer work as well. I was a candy striper at a local hospital for a summer. I loved it.

MySmallWorldof4

Forgive me if this was posted earlier, but just in case it wasn't......I just skimmed a story on Yahoo about a couple from Tennessee who went to all 4 Disney World parks in Florida this Wed......then, if that wasn't already amazing, they additionally got on a plane....flew to California and went to Disneyland and California Adventure.
So they were on both coasts and visited 6 Disney theme parks all in the same day!:eek:
Found a 30 second Youtube video. It was the couple's 10th wedding anniversary.

That is Sooooooo COOL!!! Thanks for posting that!

MySmallWorldof4

Hahaaa...!!!
My pop worked for IBM for over 27 years, and has been retired for over 23 years now. My parents just got smartphones about a year ago...!!!!! :hilarious: We only ever had one landline while I was growing up... :cyclops:;)
I don’t even consider my iPhone as a phone, so much, as a pocket computer with a phone as one of the “features”...!!!!! :hilarious:;):)
Me too. I use it as a camera, a texting machine, a tv, and a web surfer.

MySmallWorldof4

Had a great time at the picnic!

The rain held off until 8:30. It’s a small amusement park.. train ride.. two wooden rollercoasters..and fair type rides. The parish rents it out every July.. we were rained out (storms) last time, and this was the only availability the park had to reschedule.
Free admission.. free ice cream.. free drinks.. kids can run around because you know everyone there.

Even in the cold it was so much fun! I’m happy that I sucked it up and went. Our pastor rode the Tilt a Whirl with T and one of his friends.. then a group of us all went on the Rainbow.. then T and his friends did it 3 more times before moving to the next ride.lol

View attachment 320934
Glad you had fun. :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Tell me about it. Just got back from Hershey Park. Actually bumped into a family we know. Haven’t seen them in a few months because of schedule issues. In June, their 13 year old son was shorter than me and he still had a little boy voice. It is what, 4 months later and now he is taller than me and his voice had changed!!!:eek: If I wouldn’t have seen his mom and sisters there, I wouldn’t have recognized him.

How is it that kids grow upward, and adults grow outward . . . :cautious:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Usually I have a meal plan made up from my Pinterest board, write down all the ingredients I need, go thru the fridge and cupboards to see if I can cross anything off the list that we might already have, and then I shop!

That's very good. Here's what I do -- I go to the grocery store with a bewildered look on my face and think, what the heck am I going to buy for the week? Then I push a cart up and down the aisles, and chuck random stuff into the cart, and eventually end up at the check-out. Get it all home and some kinda goes with other things, & some not. :facepalm: Makes for some interesting meals? :hilarious:

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
That's very good. Here's what I do -- I go to the grocery store with a bewildered look on my face and think, what the heck am I going to buy for the week? Then I push a cart up and down the aisles, and chuck random stuff into the cart, and eventually end up at the check-out. Get it all home and some kinda goes with other things, and some not. :facepalm: Makes for some interesting meals? :hilarious:
So you shop like a man then ...

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@21stamps , there's a gadgets and technology section (in general chit chat & non-WDW Discussion) section about Blackberry. (title of thread is about Classic Blackberry users)

A forum member is asking people about their experiences with them, as she contemplating buying one she's considering, from an online seller. Thought of you, as you mentioned how much you liked using Blackberry, prior to your current phones. Not sure if you could give her any pointers, etc.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
My husband and I actually thought of doing the six parks in one day thing when we had the Premier pass. We were going to go to WDW for five days and then on the last do all four by noon with one attraction in each park (which we have done) the fly to Anaheim for the two parks and then stay there for some extra days. We didn’t do it though. Maybe some other time.

Figgy1

Premium Member
That's very good. Here's what I do -- I go to the grocery store with a bewildered look on my face and think, what the heck am I going to buy for the week? Then I push a cart up and down the aisles, and chuck random stuff into the cart, and eventually end up at the check-out. Get it all home and some kinda goes with other things, & some not. :facepalm: Makes for some interesting meals? :hilarious:
I never know exactly what the farm market has so most of my meal planning starts there:joyfull: First up steak teriyaki with peppers onions and broccoli, then veggie chili. then lemon, basil, escarole soup

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
I was a bad girl and got a glimpse of 20181020_103016.jpg
The grey is darker and the horizontal reds are wine. The boys brought in the groceries and stuff we got from a couple of other stores and accidentally put it with my stuff. Waiting 2 months to get my hands on it:angelic::angelic::angelic::angelic:

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom