Be Our Guest payment question

giamlarrahan

Original Poster
Hi everyone, this may seem like a stupid question (so please tell me if it is!) but do they accept cash as payment at Be Our Guest or is it all linked to the credit card you make your reservation with?

Thank you!

carriebeth

One thing they won't do at Be our Guest, which I wasn't aware of when I made reservations or I would have made 2 seperate reservations rather than one, is when you preorder food (breakfast or lunch) you can not split your check...it will come off one dining plan account or will have to be paid for with one credit card or one cash payment even if 2 seperate rooms are on the same order. It won't split when you preorder and they will not split it up when you get there, either. just some fyi

dreamfinder

Hi everyone, this may seem like a stupid question (so please tell me if it is!) but do they accept cash as payment at Be Our Guest or is it all linked to the credit card you make your reservation with?

Thank you!

The CC is there simply to ensure you don't skip out on your reservation. You can pay with any form of payment that WDW accepts, so cash, gift card, CC, Magic Band are all good to go. They stopped accepting small children as payment when they filled up It's A Small World though, and you may need to cash a travelers check at guest services.

giamlarrahan

Original Poster
One thing they won't do at Be our Guest, which I wasn't aware of when I made reservations or I would have made 2 seperate reservations rather than one, is when you preorder food (breakfast or lunch) you can not split your check...it will come off one dining plan account or will have to be paid for with one credit card or one cash payment even if 2 seperate rooms are on the same order. It won't split when you preorder and they will not split it up when you get there, either. just some fyi

Thanks for the info!

The CC is there simply to ensure you don't skip out on your reservation. You can pay with any form of payment that WDW accepts, so cash, gift card, CC, Magic Band are all good to go. They stopped accepting small children as payment when they filled up It's A Small World though, and you may need to cash a travelers check at guest services.

Luckily I'm leaving all of the small kids in the family back in the UK, although my girlfriend is 5"2 so she may have been worth a fast pass or two a few years ago...

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
So I see that you can't split a pre-ordered meal at BoG. We have 4 adults and a 3 y.o, with a Quick Service dining plan. BoG has a kids' menu, so theoretically the child would be required to order from that menu. However, because you can't split checks, that doesn't seem to work (plus, I'm an indulgent dad who is unapologetically getting her the cronut!).

So if one of the adults "pays" for the meal with their credits, I'm guessing we could all just order from the adult menu. But if we wanted to have the kiddo "buy us breakfast," would we all have to order from the kids' menu? I'm thinking we just all order from the adult menu and see if they'll take her MB as payment. She'd get a kick out of buying her family breakfast.

nickys

Premium Member
So I see that you can't split a pre-ordered meal at BoG. We have 4 adults and a 3 y.o, with a Quick Service dining plan. BoG has a kids' menu, so theoretically the child would be required to order from that menu. However, because you can't split checks, that doesn't seem to work (plus, I'm an indulgent dad who is unapologetically getting her the cronut!).

So if one of the adults "pays" for the meal with their credits, I'm guessing we could all just order from the adult menu. But if we wanted to have the kiddo "buy us breakfast," would we all have to order from the kids' menu? I'm thinking we just all order from the adult menu and see if they'll take her MB as payment. She'd get a kick out of buying her family breakfast.

Are you all on the same reservation? Everyone on the reservation (room) is on the same dining plan, which will have both adult and child credits on it for all of you. Therefore you can use both adult and child credits at the same meal at BOG.

If you have two families travelling together, say grandparents in one room and son, DIL and 2 kids in another, there will be two dining plans. If you book as one group at BOG, then one family will need to use their dining credits for everyone. The grandparents can’t just pay for their meal from their pool of credits.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Are you all on the same reservation? Everyone on the reservation (room) is on the same dining plan, which will have both adult and child credits on it for all of you. Therefore you can use both adult and child credits at the same meal at BOG.

If you have two families travelling together, say grandparents in one room and son, DIL and 2 kids in another, there will be two dining plans. If you book as one group at BOG, then one family will need to use their dining credits for everyone. The grandparents can’t just pay for their meal from their pool of credits.

Thanks - we do have two separate reservations - my folks in one room, and me, wife and daughter in the other room. I didn't realize that everyone's credits were pooled like that, but it makes sense that anyone in the same room can access the credits. Just when I thought I had it all figured out...

allgiggles

That's what I was always told as well. However, when we were there this summer they happily split the check. I had planned on paying OOP for the meal because there were 7 of us on the reservation and not everyone had ordered a full meal (we pre-ordered) -- 2 people had just ordered soup and a dessert. When we checked in, I said I was charging everything to my magic band and the CM said "I see you have the QS dining plan. Would you like to use those credits for the complete meals and just pay out of pocket for the soups and desserts?" I told her I would love to but had always been told that it wasn't allowed. She said it wasn't a problem and proceeded to divide up the order and only charged me OOP for the soups and desserts. It did take a minute or so to do -- I think she had to split the order in to 2 separate checks, but she offered and I was happy to wait the extra minute or so while she did it (though I think the people behind us were a little frustrated with having to wait while we did that).

I would still plan on them *not* doing it, but it is definitely possible. It's just a matter of whether the CM *wants* to do it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom