New Harry Potter Coaster Confirmed for 2019 (Dragon's Challenge Closing Sept 4th)

Princess Leia

From yesterday:
D7F77E9B-9897-48BE-B4E5-8D5687C48129.jpeg

Weather_Lady

Latest rumor (and by latest I mean completely glossed over, it came out on the first of the month) is that this art was not meant to be posted, or at least not this early. (source) I already posted this in my rumor thread, but I felt this was appropriate here too.

Darn. I was kind of hoping the artwork release meant that an opening date announcement wouldn't be far behind. If it was premature, we may have a long wait ahead...

DRD

So the wizards are now raiding Giza?
Glad to see they're letting the story branch out a bit.

Ha...well, obviously this ride is going to be all about the Weasley's trip to Egypt mentioned briefly in Prisoner of Azkaban.

The picture may not really give the depth but it looked to be an octagon-shaped building with a pointed top. I think (though can't be sure) there was another similar building further to the right about 20 feet.

Tim Tracker on youtube guessed that it was Hagrid's hut. After seeing it first hand (and a couple weeks after his video) I didn't get the impression it was his hut but could be wrong. I'll be curious to see if the different letters spray painted on the roof indicate different textures/thatching or what exactly.

Finally, I thought the cranes would be a distraction from the theming of Hogsmeade and take away from the feel a little bit. I can't say that it did.

Weather_Lady

Ha...well, obviously this ride is going to be all about the Weasley's trip to Egypt mentioned briefly in Prisoner of Azkaban.

The picture may not really give the depth but it looked to be an octagon-shaped building with a pointed top. I think (though can't be sure) there was another similar building further to the right about 20 feet.

Tim Tracker on youtube guessed that it was Hagrid's hut. After seeing it first hand (and a couple weeks after his video) I didn't get the impression it was his hut but could be wrong. I'll be curious to see if the different letters spray painted on the roof indicate different textures/thatching or what exactly.

Finally, I thought the cranes would be a distraction from the theming of Hogsmeade and take away from the feel a little bit. I can't say that it did.

I'm with Tim Tracker on this one (although granted, I'm in no position to judge the size of the buildings; maybe they're just too big!?) -- but especially if there's a similar structure to the side... they would seem to have the right footprint for Hagrid's hut. Obviously they'd have to add to or modify the existing structure to get the right roof line... and of course, for us uber-nerds, that places the timeline of the ride in or after the third film, because Hagrid's hut design and location changed after the first couple of movies, when filming of the hut took place on location in Scotland rather than on a soundstage... (Appropos of nothing, I did a tour with my family of Scotland last year, and we got to see -- or rather, look out our bus window at -- the exact location where the hut scenes were filmed, not far from Glencoe. It was really cool!)

7899660.jpg

Last edited:

Princess Leia

So one of my friends that I went to Uni with mentioned that each segment of FJ should really have its own ride, I can’t disagree with her. Keep the stuff that happens in the castle in FJ, but create separate rides for the Forbidden Forest (happening with this coaster) and Quidditch. Something with Flight of Passage tech would be incredible for a Quidditch ride if they could do it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom