Disney Announces New Nature Resort on Bay Lake

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Ehh. It looks really nice, but too bland for a Disney hotel. Michael Eisner had the right idea by hiring world-renowned architects from outside of the company to help create the iconic resorts WDW is known for.
If they wanted it to look like "Disney" nature, given their current proclivities, they should design the resort in the style of the Bullion Depository at Fort Knox.

1539888676676.png

Sir_Cliff

Seems to confirm that Disney is moving away from themed resorts in the traditional sense of the term.

I'm sure it will be nice enough, but it doesn't look any more themed than any decent example of hotel architecture designed to fit its surroundings. The lack of a theme is obvious from the fact they don't even know what to call it yet.

Some will like it, some will not. A definite change of direction for Walt Disney World, though. Fits with the new Coronado tower (modern hotel with Barcelona-inspired aesthetic) and makes me think the Riviera will be about as themed as the current concept art suggests.

peter11435

Seems to confirm that Disney is moving away from themed resorts in the traditional sense of the term.

I'm sure it will be nice enough, but it doesn't look any more themed than any decent example of hotel architecture designed to fit its surroundings. The lack of a theme is obvious from the fact they don't even know what to call it yet.

Some will like it, some will not. A definite change of direction for Walt Disney World, though. Fits with the new Coronado tower (modern hotel with Barcelona-inspired aesthetic) and makes me think the Riviera will be about as themed as the current concept art suggests.
The property can have a theme without its setting being that of another time or place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom