News Spaceship Earth Refurb - 2 Year Closure

Maeryk

I don’t know, to me he seems to act just like any comically stereo typical bumbling science nerd that stays in a lab all day would act :confused:

That’s very likely what they were going for with his character.
It's a rehash of the guy sending you for the dinosaur.

Maeryk

It makes sense to combine renovating SSE with the complete revision of the entry area and central innoventions area of the park. This would allow reconfiguring of the ride to be coordinated with how they want the central area to be reimagined. I could see them wanting to have an open area with no obstructions of the sphere in the area where innoventions and the fountain is now so you could have a possible Night-time Projection show on SSE (in addition to whatever replaces Illuminations - think the secondary tree of life projection show at AK.) I do like the idea someone mentioned earlier of having some content in a new after ride area that references the history of Epcot and some of the attractions of days gone by. Such a location could also offer an opportunity to deal with the Leave a Legacy issue without ticking off people who bought tiles years ago. You could pick a spot in there to relocate the picture tiles when they remove the monoliths at the park entrance. (Obviously they could also just dispose of them altogether but displaying them in some out of the way area could be a way to get rid of it while being respectful of the people who bought it as it will still be in the park somewhere.)

Half of communicore is essentially empty. If they wanted to do a museum, that would be the ideal spot.

celluloid

Dan Rather, Bryant Gumbel? I don't know, we rarely have a Cronkite figure anymore who is a respected journalist and a good set of pipes with character?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom