Rumor Brazil (and maybe others) Pavilion Coming to Epcot [not about Brazilian people nor a country wish list]

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Not really related, but I should've known they'd go with an all lowercase spelling. All lowercase seems to be all the rage right now. Kinda an allusion to the direction of the park. Less focus on being timeless, more on being hip and cool...for now.
They haven’t (yet) - that’s the way I look at it now. It’s almost not worthy of the original name IMHO.

Last edited:

jt04

Not really related, but I should've known they'd go with an all lowercase spelling. All lowercase seems to be all the rage right now. Kinda an allusion to the direction of the park. Less focus on being timeless, more on being hip and cool...for now.

A name change by around 2022 might be warrented.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm trying to figure out what IP could realistically be used for an E-ticket level attraction in Brazil.....despite the Caballeros fitting, they're not going to host an E-ticket.

It's not the IP, it's the mechanics that make it an E-Ticket. An armchair proposition...

Iguassu Falls

Taking up the back half of the new Brazil Pavilion (and the back lots of Italy and Germany), this clone of Shanghai's Pirates of the Caribbean ride give tourists a thrilling tour of Brazil.

Starting with a queue that has a giant waterfall and places you at the waterfalls and cataracts of the Iquassu Falls, your peaceful sight-seeing cruise goes 'a-fowl' as Captain Donaldo tries to take over from your guide, José Carioca, and sends your boat down the river with a non-working engine.

In between the simulated drops down white water rapids, your boat slows down for several scenes that feature Brazilian fauna (including the birds from Rio), flora, and human habitats, until Donaldo 'helps' by releasing a dam's sluice sending you careening through the streets of a city until you wind up on the beautiful Atlantic beach.

admiralDax

Neither can Disney
I was going to start out by saying that I spoke to a bus driver this past weekend but in reality I spoke with an Imagineer, about the future of Epcot. No major secrets were given out but I did get the sense that the long term plans for Epcot were to retire the Future World concept and bring in more of the World Showcase concept. My impression is that Disney wants to bring more E-Ticket attractions to the current showcase (as expected) and somehow marry new country pavilions to the existing attractions in (the current) Future World, turning Epcot into more of an international park. Now, before you go on the offensive, this is just my opinion AND my take on a very general discussion about upcoming changes at Epcot. After thinking about this for a while though, I can see it happening, as Disney struggles to keep up with the 'World's Faire' concept and to continue to showcase future technologies. But then that's just me. Crazy in the head!

I was going to start out by saying that I spoke to a bus driver this past weekend but in reality I spoke with an Imagineer, about the future of Epcot. No major secrets were given out but I did get the sense that the long term plans for Epcot were to retire the Future World concept and bring in more of the World Showcase concept. My impression is that Disney wants to bring more E-Ticket attractions to the current showcase (as expected) and somehow marry new country pavilions to the existing attractions in (the current) Future World, turning Epcot into more of an international park. Now, before you go on the offensive, this is just my opinion AND my take on a very general discussion about upcoming changes at Epcot. After thinking about this for a while though, I can see it happening, as Disney struggles to keep up with the 'World's Faire' concept and to continue to showcase future technologies. But then that's just me. Crazy in the head!

OK so future world will change its theme? Would that mean its probably going the discovery route? 😲

Haymarket2008

Well if they have Jasmine meeting in Morocco, they could use any South American IP. :( So UP would be one option - “No one will know the difference, Venezuela, Brazil, it’s all rainforest”.

RIO is surely the most likely option though, “thanks” to the Fox deal.

I seem to recall insiders stating here that there are currently no concrete proposals for any Fox properties in the near/distant future.

nickys

Premium Member
I seem to recall insiders stating here that there are currently no concrete proposals for any Fox properties in the near/distant future.

Hmmm, I took “no concrete proposal” to mean nothing greenlit.

And I don’t think this is greenlit yet.

I could be wrong on both counts though, just speculating! Either way, I’m just hoping we hear something about the pavilion soon.

Timothy_Q

Well if they have Jasmine meeting in Morocco, they could use any South American IP. :( So UP would be one option - “No one will know the difference, Venezuela, Brazil, it’s all rainforest”.

RIO is surely the most likely option though, “thanks” to the Fox deal.
Unlike Morocco tho, Brazil is a huge audience of WDW.

Disney would get a ton of backlash if they built an Up attraction in the Brazil pavillion
Also worth noting, Aladdin has only a M&G in Morocco, not an attraction (not that it's any less geographically incorrect tho)

Last edited:

HauntedMansionFLA

A couple questions: if Brazil does indeed get an E-ticket and India ever gets the greenlight, I'm assuming one will go between Germany and China, and the other will take the place of the Showplace?

Also, a personal question, would you rather a Jungle Book ride go to Epcot or DAK? (I'm for Epcot myself, but wondered what you thought.)
Disney makes a lot of money off of events in World Showplace.

nickys

Premium Member
Unlike Morocco tho, Brazil is a huge audience of WDW.

Disney would get a ton of backlash if they built an Up attraction in the Brazil pavillion
Also worth noting, Aladdin has only a M&G in Morocco, not an attraction (not that it's any less geographically incorrect tho)

To be clear, it was said tongue in cheek. Maybe I should have added the sarcasm emoji. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom