News Spaceship Earth Refurb - 2 Year Closure

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
But do you go to a theme park for that though?
As many times as possible. SSE still represents what I wish Epcot still was -- attractions that are long enough to be experiences, with enough detail and time to look at it that there is still something new even on your 20th ride, and that trigger your mind, not just your adrenaline.

tl77

The 35 year old ride system seemed a bit rickety/"over-the-hill" this summer went I rode it, that alone would be a huge upgrade and would take a fair amount of time. It could really use some reinventing, I remember when that exit space was a kind of "highlights reel" for the rest of the Future World Pavilions, but those days are long gone

Indy_UK

Hey, I'm all for omnimovers. I love the people mover.

All I was getting that was I understand back in the 80s it would have been exciting for a lot of people. These days, not so much. I would much rather they do stick something IP based in there, being the parks icon.

Keep the omnimover part of course but the history of communication? Naaaa

britain

Sounds exciting if they do it right.

The problem with everything post-Industrial revolution is that they want to cram everything from the industrial revolution to 'present day' in the space between the printing press and the dome so that the dome will remain the climax for the show. Of course, this leaves the descent to either be a musical epilogue (Tomorrow's Child) a peek into future technologies (Jeremy Irons) or darkness with flash animated screens.

What they should do is keep the story going at the same pace. Bring in a bit of World of Motion to represent transportation advances after the Industrial revolution, not just communications. The dome top should demonstrate the Apollo moon landing, and that's not the end of the story. Use the descent to take us from 1969 to present day.

Last edited:

trainplane3

All I was getting that was I understand back in the 80s it would have been exciting for a lot of people. These days, not so much. I would much rather they do stick something IP based in there, being the parks icon.

Personally I feel that if everything in Epcot got gutted and IP-ified, SSE should remain as a time capsule. Even then, it's our history. Communication is still very relevant to us. Just update the ending scenes and it's fine.

brb1006

I just hope they finally remove the interactive screens on the ride vehicles.
Spaceship-Earth-Language.jpg

Last edited:

brb1006

The 35 year old ride system seemed a bit rickety/"over-the-hill" this summer went I rode it, that alone would be a huge upgrade and would take a fair amount of time. It could really use some reinventing, I remember when that exit space was a kind of "highlights reel" for the rest of the Future World Pavilions, but those days are long gone

I really love seeing Journey Into Imagination animation played during the highlight reels. It's seen in Martin's latest tribute to Spaceship Earth.

Last edited:

Mike730

I will never understand this line of thinking o_O

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom