New Harry Potter Coaster Confirmed for 2019 (Dragon's Challenge Closing Sept 4th)

Stripes

Since that new castle structure went up close the queue building, I think we can eliminate the possibility of the spike being enclosed, for two reasons: 1. We know based on permits that there are 3 new buildings: 1 bigger, 2 smaller. Drop track building is the bigger, and the hut and castle are the smaller.

2. The final launch track looks to be too close to the spike to safely enclose.
Edit: After seeing another angle, it looks like it could be done, still a tight fit though. Nonetheless, reason one especially, and the evacuation structure pretty much eliminate the "cave" from possibility.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

Since that new castle structure went up close the queue building, I think we can eliminate the possibility of the spike being enclosed, for two reasons: 1. We know based on permits that there are 3 new buildings: 1 bigger, 2 smaller. Drop track building is the bigger, and the hut and castle are the smaller.

2. The final launch track is too close to the spike to safely enclose.

There’s already more than three buildings, including the maintenance building and some smaller buildings.

The track layout could accommodate enclosure.

Stripes

There’s already more than three buildings, including the maintenance building and some smaller buildings.

The track layout could accommodate enclosure.
The maintenance building likely wasn’t part of the project number. Google Earth measuring the three buildings lines up precisely with the square footage of the permits too. As far as I can see, no other buildings have been constructed. (Extensions of the queue building aren’t considered new buildings according to Florida law.)

Also, the layout of the evacuation structure at the bottom of the spike makes no sense if they intended to enclose it.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

The maintenance building likely wasn’t part of the project number. Google Earth measuring the three buildings lines up precisely with the square footage of the permits too. As far as I can see, no other buildings have been constructed. (Extensions of the queue building aren’t considered new buildings according to Florida law.)

Also, the layout of the evacuation structure at the bottom of the spike makes no sense if they intended to enclose it.
It's not just existing buildings that can be legally aggregated.

I didn't say the spike is going to be enclosed, just that space is not an issue.

Stripes

Lol. Okay dude. Your bias is showing.
Bias? Of course I have a bias, have I not openly admitted as much? Every being on the planet has bias, and anyone who claims not to is either so ignorant they can't form an opinion or they're lying. The question is, when did having bias mean you can't openly share your thoughts?
This is exactly why I said it. The ride isn’t open yet, but it’s mediocre. The clear track lay out points to something far more than mediocre, but yeah it sucks because Universal hasn’t done a media campaign like Disney. GTFO with this crap. Go talk to Disney about hard earned money wasted on TSL, New Fantasy Land, Navi river Adeventure, re-doing pizzarizzo then closing it....
That post was sarcasm dude. Re-read it. And chill.
I take pity on the poor Tron coaster.
I'll be the first to admit, I'm looking forward to the Tron coaster much more than this. Comparing the two isn't really an appropriate comparison though because they are completely different in their approach. One is mostly outdoor, the other mostly indoor. One is a motorbike, the other isn't. One goes 60 mph, the other probably around 40. One has a drop track, the other doesn't. One goes backward, the other doesn't. One has screens, the other has animatronics.

Objectively, they're probably equal, but which you prefer will be aligned with your bias.

That said, I think both will pale in comparison to GotG, which I anticipate to be a real stunner of a ride. The gravity building alone is 71,950 square feet (including queue that would be a total of 177,000 square feet)! For a building that is literally all-ride, that is an astonishing figure. That compares to 21,232 square feet of ride structure for this ride, about 7,000 of which is duplicated for increased capacity (roughly 40,000 total including queue).

Last edited:

Stripes

Lol K. What else could you want from this coaster?
The coaster is fine. Please, I think people are misunderstanding me. I think it will be a great ride, but some are portraying it as the greatest thing since sliced bread. I fervently disagree with that opinion. Disney has an astonishing lineup for 2019, with three rides, two of which are likely to be the very best in Orlando for a long time to come IMO. If the Potter coaster was opening this year, it would be the best by a mile and a half.

GLaDOS

Disney has an astonishing lineup for 2019, with three rides, two of which are likely to be the very best in Orlando for a long time to come IMO.

You're going to be in a world of disappointment when this thing opens.

Don't get me wrong. I think they will be great rides, but some are portraying them as the greatest thing since sliced bread. I fervently disagree with that opinion. Universal has an astonishing ride for 2019, with one ride that will be the very best in Orlando until Nintendo opens up.

(See, anyone can be obnoxiously obtuse about things other people are excited for!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom