AKL Pool Refurb

fngoofy

Original Poster
Good day,
Anyone have any pics of the refurbishment of the AKL pool that started a couple of weeks ago?

surfsupdon

I have a pool view room for early November and have still not received any communication about any pool closure.

Good thing I frequent here.

crxbrett

Good day,
Anyone have any pics of the refurbishment of the AKL pool that started a couple of weeks ago?

No photos, but I was there from the 4th to the 10th. The pool still had water in it up until the 7th or 8th and the last couple of days I was there, there still wasn't any work being done just yet. That most likely has changed by now though.

MomofPrincessGrace

No photos, but I was there from the 4th to the 10th. The pool still had water in it up until the 7th or 8th and the last couple of days I was there, there still wasn't any work being done just yet. That most likely has changed by now though.
We were there the 13th and 14th. The pool was empty and there were doing something with a jackhammer inside.

crxbrett

We were there the 13th and 14th. The pool was empty and there were doing something with a jackhammer inside.

Yeah, the last day I was there on the 10th, the water pump had finished pumping all the water out and it looked like they were preparing for demo work. My first morning the pool was only halfway empty - it was such a tease to see it half full and closed! lol Kidani's pool was fun but very small in comparison.

alex0c

Per a new article on the site which shall not be named : "According to sources close to the matter, this pool will soon have a sand bottom, similar to that of Stormalong Bay at Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts."

There are pictures in the article as well..

SpiteriFam

Per a new article on the site which shall not be named : "According to sources close to the matter, this pool will soon have a sand bottom, similar to that of Stormalong Bay at Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts."

That’s good as I cut my toes on the rough bottom of the pool

crxbrett

Oh wow. That's kind of cool! Although I have always kind of disliked sand bottomed pools compared to plaster/coated pools. They always feel more dirty to me and make me feel like I was just swimming at a lake or the beach - sand all over.

I usually prefer a regular, good ol' fashioned cement pond (high five to anyone who gets that reference lol).

francism

I've been to AKL a few times over the past couple of weeks during the day. Each time I've visited, they've been doing extensive work with jackhammers, apparently digging up the entire bottom of the pool from back to front. They started at the area of the pool closest to the little playground they have and are slowly making their way towards the covered walkway to the Mara which is outside of Boma. I'd say they have about 1/3rd of the bottom of the pool completely dug up so far.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom