Captain Marvel

Princess Leia

I'm excited about Captain Marvel and think that Brie Larson will be great. I'm not a huge fan of the computer-altered ages of Fury and Colson, though I understand it's necessary given the time period. It just seems to keep us heading towards a future that I don't enjoy. Still, that's a minor quibble with a movie that I expect is going to be a lot of fun.
Based on the tiny snippets that we got in the trailer & photos, I really don't think SLJ looks too altered? For me it's like "Oh, Fury has two working eyes and a full head of hair."

danheaton

Based on the tiny snippets that we got in the trailer & photos, I really don't think SLJ looks too altered? For me it's like "Oh, Fury has two working eyes and a full head of hair."
Good points. I guess what really struck me was a picture I saw of Coulson. The technology has grown so much since Jeff Bridges in Tron Legacy, but it's still a challenge sometimes.

LSLS

I'm excited for it, and my 6 year old daughter is beyond excited (again, if you want to nitpick Marvel, this is the demo they have missed on). I can't wait for the next big trailer (hoping it shows some more of her powers/plot).

Mike S

Okay, some things about Captain Marvel (from the comics I have)-
Possible origin that the movie could use:View attachment 315147

The woman is a huge Star Wars nerd:View attachment 315148

She lives in the Statue of Liberty (I doubt this will happen in the movie):View attachment 315149

She’s also a huge flirt (is in a secret relationship with Rhodey in this series and flirted in a panel with Quill).

I love her so much.
Speaking of New York, since this takes place in the 90’s, I wonder if the movie will go there at all. Because to be correct the Twin Towers would have to still be there. It could also just not be mentioned at all.

Princess Leia

Speaking of New York, since this takes place in the 90’s, I wonder if the movie will go there at all. Because to be correct the Twin Towers would have to still be there. It could also just not be mentioned at all.
Wow I didn't even think about that. I don't think there have been too many movies that have reinserted the towers, unless it's a movie about 9/11.

Edit- a lot of what we've seen so far in the pictures and trailer doesn't scream 'New York City' to me, but I'm sure a part of the movie could still take place there if they wanted to go that route.

danheaton

I suspect they will bypass the Twin Towers entirely when it's in New York, but it's an intriguing concept. Would audiences be okay with seeing them in place? Even if that's the case, I don't believe that Marvel will take the chance.

Mike S

I suspect they will bypass the Twin Towers entirely when it's in New York, but it's an intriguing concept. Would audiences be okay with seeing them in place? Even if that's the case, I don't believe that Marvel will take the chance.
It really shouldn’t be controversial if it’s in a time period where they still stood. As long as it’s not something stupid like having it be the Skrull hideout or any major plot point other than a wide shot of the city if any scenes are there in the first place.

Mike S

There is precedent in the superhero genre to reinsert them. The Towers appear in the movie Watchmen which takes place in an alternate 1985.

Princess Leia

It really shouldn’t be controversial if it’s in a time period where they still stood. As long as it’s not something stupid like having it be the Skrull hideout or any major plot point other than a wide shot of the city if any scenes are there in the first place.
I think the real question is whether or not they have the budget to add the towers since they’re already spending money to take 20 years off of Sam Jackson and Clark Gregg

Mike S

I think the real question is whether or not they have the budget to add the towers since they’re already spending money to take 20 years off of Sam Jackson and Clark Gregg
Lol, getting back to Captain Marvel herself though there is one thing I hope they don’t do with her but it’s more of an Avengers thing rather than this movie. I get that she’s powerful and Nick Fury called her for a reason, but I don’t want her to be TOO powerful. An example I’ll bring up is a scene from Justice League where everyone is losing to the big bad guy but then Superman comes in and wipes the floor with the guy singlehandedly making you wonder why there even needs to be a team in the first place if Supes can handle it by himself. Basically, make her equivalent to Thor. Not someone who can easily take on Thanos herself but can really help the team as a whole.

Princess Leia

Lol, getting back to Captain Marvel herself though there is one thing I hope they don’t do with her but it’s more of an Avengers thing rather than this movie. I get that she’s powerful and Nick Fury called her for a reason, but I don’t want her to be TOO powerful. An example I’ll bring up is a scene from Justice League where everyone is losing to the big bad guy but then Superman comes in and wipes the floor with the guy singlehandedly making you wonder why there even needs to be a team in the first place if Supes can handle it by himself. Basically, make her equivalent to Thor. Not someone who can easily take on Thanos herself but can really help the team as a whole.
Her powers aren’t even used all the time in the comics if she doesn’t think it’s fair. She’d rather take someone down in a (super powered) fist fight than use her photon blasts. If there isn’t a struggle (like Thor losing his powers, Mjolnir), then what’s the fun?

lazyboy97o

It does bring up the issue of why something was not done.

Princess Leia

It does bring up the issue of why something was not done.
I really think something’s going to happen to Carol at the end of the movie, either at the ‘proper’ end, or in the mid-credits (I’m hoping for at least two credits scenes in this movie). I highly doubt that they’re going to age Brie 20 years for Avengers 4, so something’s probably going to happen to happen to her.

As for why no one stopped 9/11 in the MCU, I’m blaming Hydra. They were embedded in Shield, they could have tampered with any intel coming in.

spacemt354

Chili's
Really liked the Captain Marvel trailer and totally agree with this -- I'd like to see her be the missing cog in the Avengers that puts them over the top rather than the one who does it herself. The reason why they lose in Infinity War was the Avengers did things solo and less as a unit, so to me that would go against the lessons learned in IW if one hero comes in and does it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom