runDisney Star Wars Events

Texas84

I was wondering the same thing, so I actually called RunDisney (my biggest concern was if I selected Dark Side and my wife Light, we could end up in different colors or something).

The woman I talked to said it's a big marketing push and obviously working because she had been fielding calls on what it meant all day. She said they haven't been told exactly what was entailed, but figured it would be differentiated bibs.
Different bibs makes more sense IMO.

Figment82

Didn’t they do something similar for the Princess Half one year? They asked for your favorite princess and that determined the color of your bib. Seems like a relatively easy way to make things a little more fun.

Chet Dakota

My
I was wondering the same thing, so I actually called RunDisney (my biggest concern was if I selected Dark Side and my wife Light, we could end up in different colors or something).

The woman I talked to said it's a big marketing push and obviously working because she had been fielding calls on what it meant all day. She said they haven't been told exactly what was entailed, but figured it would be differentiated bibs.

My guess is just different color/theme bibs. They are not going to offer differing shirts by faction.

I choose Dark Side for the 5k, and Light Side for the Challenge.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
My

My guess is just different color/theme bibs. They are not going to offer differing shirts by faction.

I choose Dark Side for the 5k, and Light Side for the Challenge.

I'm glad you mentioned choosing a different side for each race. I realized I'd forgotten to register for the 5K - was focusing too much on trying to figure out if I actually was registered for the Kessel, lol. Just added the 5K, which was easy peasy compared to Thursday. Did Dark for 5K and Light for Kessel.

RunningKoen

Having two different shirts would be the best marketing thing and enhance the race theme much better than different bibs (that, after imagining different shirts feels like a cheap back up plan)

Losing the light side vs. dark side race weekend thing due to the DLR situation wasn't great. Having the two sides in one race weekend and let the marketing create lots of rivalry would be a way to make some extra money after that not so great news.

iubigman

And that goal is ? :)

Right now I am setting that goal at coming in under 1 hr 10 minutes. I have been on a weight loss journey since last May (give or take), and last Thanksgiving I ran my first 5k at around 34:40. In the year since I have kind of back slid and can now rely on coming in around 35 minutes for a 5k. I am going to do the training guide on the rundisney site and my goal is modest.

HiJe

Right now I am setting that goal at coming in under 1 hr 10 minutes. I have been on a weight loss journey since last May (give or take), and last Thanksgiving I ran my first 5k at around 34:40. In the year since I have kind of back slid and can now rely on coming in around 35 minutes for a 5k. I am going to do the training guide on the rundisney site and my goal is modest.
I am signed up for my first 10k ever with this run also. I've been training for about a month and a half now and am up to between 2.5 and 3 miles each run at roughly 12:20 mm. Starting to feel some pain and numbness in the toes so thinking of trying the Galloway training.

I have major anxiety about being swept up and not allowed to finish.

TheSaint

I am signed up for my first 10k ever with this run also. I've been training for about a month and a half now and am up to between 2.5 and 3 miles each run at roughly 12:20 mm. Starting to feel some pain and numbness in the toes so thinking of trying the Galloway training.

I'm roughly where you are with pacing. Sitting with a hot water bottle on a sore knee... but we'll get there!

LAKid53

Premium Member

Also check your shoes. You need plenty of room in the toe box - your feet swell quite a bit during a race. Many runners go up a half to fill size for running shoes.

HiJe

Also check your shoes. You need plenty of room in the toe box - your feet swell quite a bit during a race. Many runners go up a half to fill size for running shoes.

Thanks. I did recently loosen up the bottom 2 laces on the right shoe and the numbness was non-existent on my last 3 mile run. I think some foot stretching may have helped as well. Will test it out again later today.

Next hurdle is my biggest: Getting over the mental part of it telling me to stop and go get a burger.

Thanks for the help!

LAKid53

Premium Member
Thanks. I did recently loosen up the bottom 2 laces on the right shoe and the numbness was non-existent on my last 3 mile run. I think some foot stretching may have helped as well. Will test it out again later today.

Next hurdle is my biggest: Getting over the mental part of it telling me to stop and go get a burger.

Thanks for the help!

We all have those moments. "Let this end - I want a beer". 😄

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom