Best ticket strategy: Dec 13 - 16

JohnD

Original Poster
I'll be in UOR December 13-16. I'm checking out of WDW on Dec 13 and checking into to UOR the same day and checking out December 16 then going home. I purchased an Orlando Informer Meetup ticket for the night of December 15.

Besides the OI Meetup ticket, I'm pondering a two-day ticket with or without park-to-park access.

Here's my potential schedule:
  • Dec 13: Check in. Blue Man Group / CityWalk only (no parks)
  • Dec. 14: IOA?
  • Dec. 15: USR (Morning/Afternoon); OI Meetup (5:00pm - 1:00am)
  • Dec. 16: Checkout. No parks
I'm leaning toward a Fl Resident two-day ticket without park-to-park for $164.99 to be used Dec 14-15. What do you think?

BubbaQuest

I think your plan sounds good.

If you're staying at one of the hotels with free Express Passes (Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, or Portifino) and are a ride junkie, you might want to add a third-day to the ticket. The Express Passes are good the day you check in and the day you check out. I think for single park tickets it's only $15 more for the extra day and with the Express Pass you can hop into the park for a couple of quick rides. I usually use the extra day for the water rides so I can just run in, get soaked, and then head back to the hotel.

Since I'm assuming the meet up includes Park-to-Park, you can use that time to jump back and forth to your favorites!

Have a great trip.

JoeCamel

If you're staying at one of the hotels with free Express Passes (Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, or Portifino) and are a ride junkie, you might want to add a third-day to the ticket. The Express Passes are good the day you check in and the day you check out. I think for single park tickets it's only $15 more for the extra day and with the Express Pass you can hop into the park for a couple of quick rides. I usually use the extra day for the water rides so I can just run in, get soaked, and then head back to the hotel.

Since I'm assuming the meet up includes Park-to-Park, you can use that time to jump back and forth to your favorites!

Have a great trip.
Don't have to assume, both parks, most rides, most dining is open at the UO meet. Last time non - drink and food was included and you could enter at 5pm to leave at 1am. The Dec 15 meet will be 5 - 1:30 so an extra 1/2 hour. Best part is check the group hotel rate!

Upcoming meet details

Last edited:

JohnD

Original Poster

Have a great trip.

I'm staying at Sapphire Falls with a bounceback offer. UOR pushed Aventura but I would rather have boat access. Good rate. Yep, the OI meetup is park-to-park.

JoeCamel

Yeah, I know. But another $40 just to ride a choo choo? Been there done that this past spring.
The only thing about P2P is not just the train. You can hop back and forth and treat two parks as just one park. 4 minutes gets you to new adventures.

JohnD

Original Poster
The only thing about P2P is not just the train. You can hop back and forth and treat two parks as just one park. 4 minutes gets you to new adventures.

I did park-to-park this past Spring and as you already indicated the OI meetup also has it, so I won't be missing out.

Besides, this is a combo trip with both WDW and UOR. Costs are adding up. Here is just a sample of things to pay for before the trip starts:
  • POFQ Resort deposit - Paid
  • Sapphire deposit - Paid
  • OI Meetup - Paid
  • Blue Man Group - Paid
  • Renew WDW Silver Pass - Paid (1st month)
  • MVMCP (12/11) - To be done.
  • USR FL Res Two Park, Two-day Ticket ($164.99. BTW, they have a promotional two park, four-day ticket with a code from Burger King for same price to be sold starting today 8/13 through 9/9. Since it is same price as two-day ticket, I'll probably do it in case I want to hop into a park on my first and last days). To be done.
That doesn't count paying off the balances of the resort reservations, food, shopping, or any WDW tours I may want to do.

Last edited:

JoeCamel

I did park-to-park this past Spring and as you already indicated the OI meetup also has it, so I won't be missing out.

Besides, this is a combo trip with both WDW and UOR. Costs are adding up. Here is just a sample of things to pay for before the trip starts:
  • POFQ Resort deposit - Paid
  • Sapphire deposit - Paid
  • OI Meetup - Paid
  • Blue Man Group - Paid
  • Renew WDW Silver Pass - Paid (1st month)
  • MVMCP (12/11) - To be done.
  • USR FL Res Two Park, Two-day Ticket ($164.99. BTW, they have a promotional two park, four-day ticket with a code from Burger King for same price to be sold starting today 8/13 through 9/9. Since it is same price as two-day ticket, I'll probably do it in case I want to hop into a park on my first and last days). To be done.
That doesn't count paying off the balances of the resort reservations, food, shopping, or any WDW tours I may want to do.
Yeah, I look at my 10 nights at HHN in the same light, it is a bunch of money but more where that came from eh? YOLO

JohnD

Original Poster
Specially marked cups now available from Burger King. Now Florida and Georgia Residents can get a 4-day ticket for the same price as a two-day ($164.99 non-park-to-park or $204.99 park-to-park). If I stay with my original plan of Dec. 14-15, I break even. If I hop into a park on 12/13 or 12/16 it's gravy. So a win-win.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom