Mickey Mouse Building a Building First Day of Issue Photo

Woody13

Original Poster
I went to the post office on Monday to mail a package. While I was waiting in line, I noticed a nice Mickey Mouse print for sale. It was a 12" x 16" fully matted photo of the original movie theater poster ad for Mickey Mouse in Building a Building (1933).

At the bottom, is an envelope dated June 30, 2005 with a first day of issue cancelled Mickey Mouse stamp (cancelled in Anaheim, CA). The whole thing only cost $19.99. I looked for this item (it's item # 23176781) on the USPS web site but couldn't find a trace of it.

Now I have to find a nice frame. :wave:

Tim G

Woody13 said:
I went to the post office on Monday to mail a package. While I was waiting in line, I noticed a nice Mickey Mouse print for sale. It was an 11" x 14" fully matted photo of the original movie theater poster ad for Mickey Mouse in Building a Building (1933).

At the bottom, is an envelope dated June 30, 2005 with a first day of issue cancelled Mickey Mouse stamp (cancelled in Anaheim, CA). The whole thing only cost $19.99. I looked for this item (it's item # 23176781) on the USPS web site but couldn't find a trace of it.

Wrong... Now you should make a picture of it... and post it here.... :animwink:

SpongeScott

Woody13 said:
I went to the post office on Monday to mail a package. While I was waiting in line, I noticed a nice Mickey Mouse print for sale. It was an 11" x 14" fully matted photo of the original movie theater poster ad for Mickey Mouse in Building a Building (1933).

*heads to local post office in the morning*

thanks, Woody.

Woody13

Original Poster
SpongeScott said:
*heads to local post office in the morning*

thanks, Woody.
My local post office seems to be the only one in this area that has these. The next day, I checked the central branch post office and several other bigger post offices in my area and none of them had this item. Since there were four Disney stamps issued in 2005 ( in this commemorative set), I'm am guessing that 3 other posters of this type were issued as well. However, so far I have not been able to find any others. I can't even find anything on the USPS web site relating to these items.

Let us know if you find anything in your area. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom