For the first time in Forever šŸ˜¢

Kristamouse

**This is First World Problem Post**
Like the title says, for the First Time In Forever, we donā€™t have a trip to plan.
We have been attending WDW a few times a year since my first trip in 2001, Hubs went a few times as a child. We have 20+ trips under our belt on and off property and a for a few years we had APā€™s. As our family grew from 2 to 8 we still didnā€™t slow our trips down, last year we had 4 in a 352 day span. And I have been a member on WDWMagic for over 10 years, I freaking love Disney!
But our oldest two kids are in 9th and 8th grade and they canā€™t miss school for trips any longer with out affecting grades. One is in football which is a huge chunk of the summer and fall. Hubs is busy periods at work and we are paying for private school for all 6 kids. We loved going in off times to save some cash as Disney for 8 isnā€™t cheap.
So I sit here this morning looking over our back to school calendars and at 2019 and I just canā€™t find an affordable week to travel not to mention the funds;)
Anyone want to have a pity party with me?Anyone want to start a lottery ticket pool?
*I am very aware that we are blessed to have food,shelter and health. I am also aware we have been way more than the average family and I should put my big girl panties on and shut up...
**When we left on our last day in January

Attachments

• CE7777A4-2DEC-405D-8C38-5D678F7B8FB8.jpeg
    CE7777A4-2DEC-405D-8C38-5D678F7B8FB8.jpeg
    118.3 KB · Views: 47

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I can empathize a little with what you are going through. We just got back from our 2 week WDW vacation and it will probably be the last WDW trip for about a year. However, we are planning on Disneyland at least twice and I love Disneyland but I still feel bummed at not going to WDW, we have been AP's of WDW for awhile so it is hard letting go. I feel so spoiled and selfish saying that, people have so many real problems in life that this isn't really a problem.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Weve been there. :arghh::arghh::arghh: Our longest Disney drought was when DS was going through High School also. Grades matter and it was worth holding back on going. But it was murder not being able to enjoy any part of Disney for soooo long. Those High School years do pass quickly and soon after the kids leave home for college or jobs. We went back as a graduation trip and made up for the time away. DS then moved out, went to college, then afterwards got a job and moved out of state. There were many years we werent able to arrange vacations with him again at WDW and DW and I went alone. This past May was our latest trip back with him joining us. Enjoy those HS years with the kids cause they do fly by fast and before you know it the house is empty.

Upvote 0

HwdStudio

**This is First World Problem Post**
Like the title says, for the First Time In Forever, we donā€™t have a trip to plan.
We have been attending WDW a few times a year since my first trip in 2001, Hubs went a few times as a child. We have 20+ trips under our belt on and off property and a for a few years we had APā€™s. As our family grew from 2 to 8 we still didnā€™t slow our trips down, last year we had 4 in a 352 day span. And I have been a member on WDWMagic for over 10 years, I freaking love Disney!
But our oldest two kids are in 9th and 8th grade and they canā€™t miss school for trips any longer with out affecting grades. One is in football which is a huge chunk of the summer and fall. Hubs is busy periods at work and we are paying for private school for all 6 kids. We loved going in off times to save some cash as Disney for 8 isnā€™t cheap.
So I sit here this morning looking over our back to school calendars and at 2019 and I just canā€™t find an affordable week to travel not to mention the funds;)
Anyone want to have a pity party with me?Anyone want to start a lottery ticket pool?
*I am very aware that we are blessed to have food,shelter and health. I am also aware we have been way more than the average family and I should put my big girl panties on and shut up...
**When we left on our last day in January
I totally get what youā€™re saying!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom