Anyone do uber while at a Disney resort?

analise

Original Poster
Is it pretty normal now to use uber? Last time we went years ago... uber wasnt around yet & catching a cab to get some “outside food” was ridiculous. Or maybe we just had a bad experience. Anyways Just curious if uber is a thing now at DW.

Kristamouse

Yep, just don’t use Magic Kingdom as your location. Use TTC, leaned the hard way. It was my Uber drivers first fare and he was hearing impaired. Disney Security got involved and I had to explain because between the language barrier, first fare and hearing impairment it was a MESS😂😂😂
The next rides were perfect :)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I used Uber and Lyft on my trip a couple years ago. I picked which ever was cheapest. It worked really well for going from our resort to other resorts for dinner. I also used the Minnie vans twice because we wanted to try them. It was nice to try but regular Uber or Lyft is so much cheaper.

Driver

Great timing. We plan to do this exact thing. Do you still have to get a shuttle once you arrive at Fort Wilderness?
Yes Uber and Lyft are not allowed internally to FW. If it happened for you then you were lucky. Uber and Lyft have strict posted guidelines to were they can p/u and drop off but all that goes out the window because they don't want passengers to give them a bad rating. So what happens, Disney gets cranky and becomes pro-active. Just started recently at TTC a security person is stationed at TTC to stop them from picking up and dropping off in unauthorized locations. Travel lanes, bus stops etc. And enforce safety issues like STOP signs! Seems like most people think that's an acronym for Slightly Tap On Peddle! Sorry I'm done now 😟

CP_alum08

Did back in March. Staying at Grand Cyrpess resort for work and took an Uber to and from Poly for dinner, no issues.

crxbrett

I used Uber twice last year to get to AK from the Poly super early one morning and from AKL back to the Poly with zero issues at all. The fare was pretty reasonable as well - I think one ride was $6.25 and the other was $7.50.

Emm

Used Lyft several times last visit. Made going resort to resort so much easier and $12 was worth the time saved with bus transfers

wplong1

Premium Member
I keep basically cutting and pasting my thoughts on this into different threads, but Uber is an absolute no-brainer. To me the buses are the least magical transportation and biggest waste of time at WDW. Other than monorail destinations or returns, on our last trip we used Uber to get to parks in the morning and to get to and from dining reservations each evening. Never waited more than 5 minutes, transfers are quick, DIRECT and to designated Uber drop off areas near entrances of the parks or at the front door of hotels (MK would be closest to the Contemporary of course), and I don't think a single ride was more than about $8 or $10. Literally saves hours of waiting and frustration. Uber to Universal for our Harry Potter day I don't think was over $20.

Skibum1970

I keep basically cutting and pasting my thoughts on this into different threads, but Uber is an absolute no-brainer. To me the buses are the least magical transportation and biggest waste of time at WDW. Other than monorail destinations or returns, on our last trip we used Uber to get to parks in the morning and to get to and from dining reservations each evening. Never waited more than 5 minutes, transfers are quick, DIRECT and to designated Uber drop off areas near entrances of the parks or at the front door of hotels (MK would be closest to the Contemporary of course), and I don't think a single ride was more than about $8 or $10. Literally saves hours of waiting and frustration. Uber to Universal for our Harry Potter day I don't think was over $20.

I was thinking that, when taking Uber to MK, it would be easiest to tell the driver to drop you off at or near the Contemporary instead of TTC. However, I don't know their rules on such things. We had Uber take my wife from UNI to POFQ and I think that it was $17. It was the first time using Uber for us and it worked perfectly. I'm probably getting a rental but may decide to just Uber it. The buses are actually pretty nice but sometimes you just want a quicker alternative.

Weather_Lady

On our most recent WDW vacation (in April-May of this year), we used Uber (and sometimes Lyft) when we transferred from Universal to our Disney hotel, to/from Disney Springs and Typhoon Lagoon, and between WDW hotels (for dining). It was always quick, seamless and inexpensive.

I am Timmy

We use them so much, starting at the airport. Take them to Uni, Costco, Walmart, DW all over. If the bus is taking too long in the am - get an Uber. Too little time to make it to our dining res. - Uber. Don't feel like waiting in the bus line at night - Uber. Too long to get to Disney Springs - Uber. Back to the airport - Uber. The more we used it, the more we liked it and used it more. It feels like............. freedom.

juniorthomas

We use them so much, starting at the airport. Take them to Uni, Costco, Walmart, DW all over. If the bus is taking too long in the am - get an Uber. Too little time to make it to our dining res. - Uber. Don't feel like waiting in the bus line at night - Uber. Too long to get to Disney Springs - Uber. Back to the airport - Uber. The more we used it, the more we liked it and used it more. It feels like............. freedom.

This. Uber is fantastic when it comes to avoiding bus lines.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom