Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

RunningKoen

I think I've asked this before, so my apologies for repeating myself, but does anyone have the course map from last year's 10K?

Offcourse I do.

The 2015 and 2016 course maps are harder to link, but there's only difference: at the end of the 10K, the old routes , 2015 & 2016, went by soarin and other parts of the future world west, entering the central hub from the west side and finishing after making a little loop at spaceship earth.

The 2017/2018 routes use a route between the UK and Canadian pavilion and after making more milage around the world showcase lake enter the central hub from the south side. Still the little loop at spaceship earth before finishing :)

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Offcourse I do.

The 2015 and 2016 course maps are harder to link, but there's only difference: at the end of the 10K, the old routes , 2015 & 2016, went by soarin and other parts of the future world west, entering the central hub from the west side and finishing after making a little loop at spaceship earth.

The 2017/2018 routes use a route between the UK and Canadian pavilion and after making more milage around the world showcase lake enter the central hub from the south side. Still the little loop at spaceship earth before finishing :)

Thanks! So it's the same course as the Princess 10K.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Unless I take a 3 hour break, of have a mental breakdown, I'm finished way before 11AM. If the start is still at 4.

4AM?! 😲 Another reason I'm not running the full. That means you've got to be on the bus by 2AM, which means getting up at 1:00? No thanks. Those 3 mornings of 2:30 are bad enough. I am now even more in awe of those doing Dopey.

RunningKoen

4AM?! 😲 Another reason I'm not running the full. That means you've got to be on the bus by 2AM, which means getting up at 1:00? No thanks. Those 3 mornings of 2:30 are bad enough. I am now even more in awe of those doing Dopey.

My bad! Races start at 5:30. Somehow it was way earlier in my mind. I did wake up at 2:30 though in 2017.

But still, I would finish way before 11AM if nothing weirds happen.

LAKid53

Premium Member
My bad! Races start at 5:30. Somehow it was way earlier in my mind. I did wake up at 2:30 though in 2017.

But still, I would finish way before 11AM if nothing weirds happen.

No problem. I thought the full would start sooner to avoid interruptions in the parks and on the roads as the slowest runners would have a maximum of 7 hours to finish.

surfsupdon

No problem. I thought the full would start sooner to avoid interruptions in the parks and on the roads as the slowest runners would have a maximum of 7 hours to finish.
The beauty of the full is running through parks while they are open. AK is closed when I pass thru, butMGM and Epcot are open and I love it.

Similar to night time runs...the old Wine and Dine and Tower races has Guests in Park already for their after parties and it really was a fun running atmosphere.

dreamfinder

They actually do a good job of designing the course to have minimal impact on park guests. The last 8 miles or so are pretty self contained in WWoS, DHS and Epcot. The only real road obstruction is the intersection at WWoS and the stretch of road between AK and WWoS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom