FAST PASS PLUS FRIENDS AND FAMILY 60 day mark

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
When you go to MDE to book your fastpasses, does it generate your friends and family list to select who is going to join you? Or would this take longer?

My son had an old magicband I cannot link up and wont get his til a month prior from resort, as I understand, so at 60 days I am wondering if I will have a problem. He IS listed in friends and family and at my resort reservations. Just cant link his tickets to mine because I neither have a physical ticket for him nor a magicband. And it is to be a surprise so I don't want to ask him what his old MDE account was when I made him one long ago for a school trip.

Thinking I will call, but might be easier to purchase a basic magicband prior for purposes of ensuring he is on my MDE tickets page.?????

Tuvalu

Premium Member
You need to call. The fact that he has his own account complicates matters when you are trying to surprise him. FYI nothing is “stored” on a MagicBand ~ all info (tickets, room reservation, dining plan, etc) is stored in one’s MDE account. Purchasing a MagicBand for him is not going to help your situation.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Ok thanks....will call to see if I can maneuver around and keep the surprise. :) Think the last time we went they were all under 18 and no one else had an MDE....just me so it was easy peasy! :angelic:

flynnibus

Premium Member
Tickets are linked to the MDE profiles... ignore the magicband itself. Magicbands and cards are just physical tokens that can be linked and unlinked to MDE profiles at will.

I had a similar issue on last trip... all my tickets were on my profile, yet the kids needed their own after the fact. In that case, they would create their own MDE, and I would invite them via their email address, and then it would associate their ticket in my profile, with their MDE profile.

Your first step is figuring out where his ticket is and which profile it's linked to. Then ensure that profile has granted you permission to manage their FP.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Ahhh well I remembered I had set up his MDE account years back and he hasn't used it since, so I was able to get into it to check and some little red lettering says a ticket has been successfully added to your account but when you go under reservations and such nothing is linked or noted. So it just occurred to me that I created that MDE using his first and last name. Under my ticket purchase I used his middle initial. I wonder if I can create a MDE account for his name with intial, create a gmail account for him for use of keeping all emails private and then invite to link etc. Will call first though because the ticket is showing in MDE when I click on his name in my friends and family WITH his middle intial. I bet its not linked to his old MDE account at all....the plot thickens.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Tickets are linked to the MDE profiles... ignore the magicband itself. Magicbands and cards are just physical tokens that can be linked and unlinked to MDE profiles at will.

I had a similar issue on last trip... all my tickets were on my profile, yet the kids needed their own after the fact. In that case, they would create their own MDE, and I would invite them via their email address, and then it would associate their ticket in my profile, with their MDE profile.

Your first step is figuring out where his ticket is and which profile it's linked to. Then ensure that profile has granted you permission to manage their FP.

That is odd that they appeared on your profile and you had to go through that. How did you discover that? Was it when you were trying to do ADR's initially? I was able to get fastpasses for next week for all 3 of us as I was playing to see what would happen, and there were no issues. :angelic:

flynnibus

Premium Member
That is odd that they appeared on your profile and you had to go through that. How did you discover that? Was it when you were trying to do ADR's initially? I was able to get fastpasses for next week for all 3 of us as I was playing to see what would happen, and there were no issues. :angelic:

In my case it was due to how my package was booked/ticketed. The tickets were assigned to individuals before they had MDE profiles.. so that's why they showed up in my account. Then I had them create MDE profiles, then you 'invite' them.. and the ticket entitlement then gets credited to the new MDE account.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
In my case it was due to how my package was booked/ticketed. The tickets were assigned to individuals before they had MDE profiles.. so that's why they showed up in my account. Then I had them create MDE profiles, then you 'invite' them.. and the ticket entitlement then gets credited to the new MDE account.
Oh did you get a "package" through an agent? I had an existing MDE for years and then bought these tickets recently. Guess it can happen so many ways its good to have an understanding of what is what.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Oh did you get a "package" through an agent? I had an existing MDE for years and then bought these tickets recently. Guess it can happen so many ways its good to have an understanding of what is what.

Yes it was a Disney Travel package (when you buy room+tickets together). I some of us had MDE profiles, but some did not. So Disney has to have multiple paths to how those tickets get linked to MDE accounts. Its pretty simple when you just punch in the ticket code, but there are many different ways tickets 'happen' :D

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Yes it was a Disney Travel package (when you buy room+tickets together). I some of us had MDE profiles, but some did not. So Disney has to have multiple paths to how those tickets get linked to MDE accounts. Its pretty simple when you just punch in the ticket code, but there are many different ways tickets 'happen' :D

Ahh I see....I never ever had a package, always have alacarted it all, and it usually worked better for my total cost, more work but there you go. I am lucky that my young adult son is still a Disney geek and wont mind going to the parks with his parents! :angelic::happy:

HwdStudio

Ahh I see....I never ever had a package, always have alacarted it all, and it usually worked better for my total cost, more work but there you go. I am lucky that my young adult son is still a Disney geek and wont mind going to the parks with his parents! :angelic::happy:

Sounds like your son is a good guy! Loves Disney and his parents! Can’t beat that. Let us know when you get it all straightened out and what you did to fix it. I’m sure someone else will have the same problem in the future.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Well on my ipad, or phone it shows all 3 of us under MY Reservations. On my laptop it only shows DH and I under MY reservations, but son is showing on my MDE under friends and family and under who is planning together.....which states I am managing DH and son. So it must just be a glitch, since when I go and make a fastpass plus for next week it allows me to easily access all 3 of us and the fake fastpass shows up under sons link. So the tickets do exist under my MDE.....while it doesn't make sense that DH is listed under MY reservations and son is not....guess is moot. I removed other child not going so I can select all when that permits. Sons MDE account set up years back does not show a ticket. Must be because it was purchased by me and I used his middle intial and his MDE did not, so it had nowhere else to go.:angelic:

In the end if someone else has similar issue I guess they could just attempt to make a fastpass plus from their MDE and see how that works for their group. I appears that MDE has different formats on different devices for display capabilities.:happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom