Star Wars Ep. 9 Thread

lazyboy97o

I'm a bit surprised how everyone is rushing to sulk over how he may be killed off, and overlooking the utter excitement of.... we're finally getting Billy Dee back as Lando!!! :cool::cool:

As someone who was letdown by TLJ, and having any enthusiasm of what happens next in Ep. 9 on life support... this Lando news helps. A lot.

And for all we know, he may not end up being killed off at all. He could very easily disappear into oblivion like he did after the big events in Ep. 6, and live the remainder of his years in intergalactic retirement. All I'm saying is wait and see. Disney and JJ are well aware of how TLJ ripped the SW fan base in half. I'm sure extra care is being put into the Ep. 9 project. Time will tell.

As for now, it's good to hear of our ole Cloud City gambler getting back into the action.
I think a good part of it comes from the fact that this was not part of a plan. Neither Licasfilm nor Disney seems to have any qualms with The Last Jedi.

erasure fan1

I'm a bit surprised how everyone is rushing to sulk over how he may be killed off, and overlooking the utter excitement of.... we're finally getting Billy Dee back as Lando!!! :cool::cool:

As someone who was letdown by TLJ, and having any enthusiasm of what happens next in Ep. 9 on life support... this Lando news helps. A lot.

And for all we know, he may not end up being killed off at all. He could very easily disappear into oblivion like he did after the big events in Ep. 6, and live the remainder of his years in intergalactic retirement. All I'm saying is wait and see. Disney and JJ are well aware of how TLJ ripped the SW fan base in half. I'm sure extra care is being put into the Ep. 9 project. Time will tell.

As for now, it's good to hear of our ole Cloud City gambler getting back into the action.
Well lets face it, the track record is there. They even told us in the last jedi what the plan was, "kill the past". For myself, the excitement isn't really there, but like I did with Solo, I'll go in with the best of hopes. Whats happened in my opinion, is that star wars has gone from I trust you, to prove it. No matter what crazy idea or character Marvel decides to do, I'm all in, they have earned my trust. Very much the same as Pixar. Star wars has been meandering into the prove it area for me. JJ has a tough nut to crack, but I believe that if done right, it can take some of the sting out of last jedi for some.

LSLS

Well lets face it, the track record is there. They even told us in the last jedi what the plan was, "kill the past". For myself, the excitement isn't really there, but like I did with Solo, I'll go in with the best of hopes. Whats happened in my opinion, is that star wars has gone from I trust you, to prove it. No matter what crazy idea or character Marvel decides to do, I'm all in, they have earned my trust. Very much the same as Pixar. Star wars has been meandering into the prove it area for me. JJ has a tough nut to crack, but I believe that if done right, it can take some of the sting out of last jedi for some.

I'm pretty much in the same boat. The real worry is that the trailer they produce absolutely will not hype me up. If you haven't done it recently, go back and rewatch the trailer to TLJ. It was epic, and didn't deliver on anything in it. I won't buy into the hype for this next one. I will see it (though I highly doubt on opening weekend, will wait for the crowds to die down), but I won't be super excited for it (which I guess might be a good thing).

erasure fan1

but I won't be super excited for it (which I guess might be a good thing).
That's not necessarily a bad thing. Sometimes as fans we build a new star wars movie up to something it just can't live up to. I feel going into Solo with tempered expectations was the best thing I could have done.

WhatJaneSays

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-ix-cast-announced

Unsurprisingly all the reoccurring cast has been confirmed as returning: Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong’o, Domhnall Gleeson, Kelly Marie Tran, Joonas Suotamo, Anthony Daniels, and Billie Lourd

New to the cast will be Naomi Ackie and Richard E. Grant.

Mark Hamill and Billy Dee Williams will all be officially returning.

Leia will still be part of the film by using footage shot with Carrie Fisher but not used in The Force Awakens.

Princess Leia

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-ix-cast-announced

Unsurprisingly all the reoccurring cast has been confirmed as returning: Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong’o, Domhnall Gleeson, Kelly Marie Tran, Joonas Suotamo, Anthony Daniels, and Billie Lourd

New to the cast will be Naomi Ackie and Richard E. Grant.

Mark Hamill and Billy Dee Williams will all be officially returning.

Leia will still be part of the film by using footage shot with Carrie Fisher but not used in The Force Awakens.
I think we’re all expecting Force Ghost Luke, right?

And I legitimately started tearing up last night when I read about Carrie. This isn’t the plot they wanted for Leia, but at least we’re getting Carrie

Tick Tock

This movie might just have a shot at making more than force awakens. For the simple fact of finding out how this all plays out. How will the Leia footage work out, how will they use Lando, how will the Skywalker saga come to an end, force ghost Luke, all the loose ends...
Between the trio of OT actors returning (including the unused Leia footage), and Disney's full awareness of the TLJ backlash... this may very well be the Star Wars sequel we've been waiting for.

Keeping fingers crossed.

lazyboy97o

Between the trio of OT actors returning (including the unused Leia footage), and Disney's full awareness of the TLJ backlash... this may very well be the Star Wars sequel we've been waiting for.

Keeping fingers crossed.
Disney’s position seems to be that if you did not like The Last Jedi you are a bigot and they are glad you didn’t like it.

Tick Tock

Disney’s position seems to be that if you did not like The Last Jedi you are a bigot and they are glad you didn’t like it.
I was hoping that mindset from the company was slowly beginning to change since they were distancing Kennedy from the Ep. 9 project.
If Disney still feels the way you describe, then I feel a great disturbance in the Force.

tk924

RUMOR - George Lucas to consult on Ep 9 script. - There could be some spoiler-ish things in that link so click at your own risk!

So let's take a look...
2015 Ep 7 TFA - Disney goes on their own (meaning not using any of GL's material already written for the sequel trilogy). What do they do? ANH 2.0, blah.
2016 Rogue One - GL shows up on the set of Rogue One, where he made a few suggestions. Best Disney Star Wars movie to date, IMO.
2017 Ep 8 TLJ - Total departure from TFA. Again, no GL involvement. Absolutely horrible movie, IMO.
2018 Solo - GL visits Ron Howard on Solo, where he reworks a scene. Much better than TLJ or TFA.
2019 Ep 9 ??? - Rumor that Lucas will consult on the script. Good move? Can't hurt at this point.

erasure fan1

Actually, it seems its Lucasfilm that has that attitude, not Disney in my opinion. I get its all one company, but you don't see employees under the Disney banner trolling fans all over the Internet. That seems to only be the Lucasfilm people. At least thats what I've seen.

LSLS

RUMOR - George Lucas to consult on Ep 9 script. - There could be some spoiler-ish things in that link so click at your own risk!

So let's take a look...
2015 Ep 7 TFA - Disney goes on their own (meaning not using any of GL's material already written for the sequel trilogy). What do they do? ANH 2.0, blah.
2016 Rogue One - GL shows up on the set of Rogue One, where he made a few suggestions. Best Disney Star Wars movie to date, IMO.
2017 Ep 8 TLJ - Total departure from TFA. Again, no GL involvement. Absolutely horrible movie, IMO.
2018 Solo - GL visits Ron Howard on Solo, where he reworks a scene. Much better than TLJ or TFA.
2019 Ep 9 ??? - Rumor that Lucas will consult on the script. Good move? Can't hurt at this point.

I think you have a ton more faith in Lucas than I do at this point.

Wendy Pleakley

More like they realize that no movie will please everyone across the board, and aren't going to change their approach every time a portion of the fanbase doesn't like something,

There are people who liked and disliked every single Star Wars movie...

Princess Leia

So let's take a look...

This mentions a Lego release, and the movie hasn’t even started filming yet (right?) I’m a bit skeptical of the sources in this article.

tk924

This mentions a Lego release, and the movie hasn’t even started filming yet (right?) I’m a bit skeptical of the sources in this article.

Yes, I agree. The article quotes "legit sources" spreading rumors. :cautious:
There's not much info about GL and Ep 9 to be found other than some YT vids that talk about the Movie Web article so it is just rumors at this point. Probably just clickbait and wishful thinking on my part.

Phroobar

Richard E Grant has been signed on for Episode IX. Could he be playing Grand Admiral Thrawn?
RICHARD-E-GRANT-998547.jpg

https://www.express.co.uk/entertain...sode-9-Thrawn-Richard-E-Grant-cast-characters

erasure fan1

I think him and Kerry Russel are going to be Reys parents
Kerry being Reys mom is a solid bet for sure. But for me seems a tad to obvious and thats just what mystery box JJ wants us to think. I don't think we see Thrawn or mara jade as it's too late in the story. But you never really know, and sadly, I think they might not know. Lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom