MDE not showing all members....wondering about planning FP and Dining

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
So its still a few weeks away before I can do dining but just got my resort reservation and tickets linked to MDE yesterday. Last time a few years ago when I clicked on my name it showed my children and my husband as well. Which was easy when I chose reservations and dining to click click click all members of party. Well I looked again today and when I go to my tickets it shows me and husband, but young adult child is another pull down.....thanks if you have any insight to this....:happy:

nickys

Premium Member
So its still a few weeks away before I can do dining but just got my resort reservation and tickets linked to MDE yesterday. Last time a few years ago when I clicked on my name it showed my children and my husband as well. Which was easy when I chose reservations and dining to click click click all members of party. Well I looked again today and when I go to my tickets it shows me and husband, but young adult child is another pull down.....thanks if you have any insight to this....:happy:

Is this on the app or the website? The app can do very odd things sometimes! I would just wait and see if it sorts itself out in a few days.

For ADRs it doesn’t matter. You can just book for 4 people or however many you need, just naming yourself.

As FP time gets closer you’ll want to make sure you can see everyone.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Think I figured it out.....but not....last trip DH and I went alone. That was first time our family used magicbands. My son I am planning to take next winter had gone earlier in year with a group. They got magicbands. Since I likely had him use his own email to create an MDE account it got disconnected from mine...just grabbed his old magicband and could not link it. So anyhow, since I bought the tickets online they are attached to my account and magicbands listed. When I get my resort magicbands likely I will be able to link him up to my tickets on my MDE. THAT begs the question....will I get my magicbands BEFORE my 60 day FP date?!?!??:facepalm:

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
To add this is to be a surprise trip and likely tell him at Christmas! So have to figure out way to link him without involving his email or MDE....IF possible....otherwise his email on the phone would clue him in. Sigh.

nickys

Premium Member
If he exists twice it will take a call to IT to fix.

And if he does have his own MDE account there is no way round this without inviting him to link with you via an email to the email address he used to set up his profile.

Getting the physical magic bands is not necessary to book FPs. You just need the tickets and reservation linked to your MDE profile. The same applies to your DS.

I think you’ll have to call IT and ask them to sort it out for you. But I don’t know if they will delete his MDE account without his say so.

The only other thing I can think of is to create him as another child managed by you. or Johnny1. Then add him to the reservation (which might take a call) and link his new band to this new child. He’ll have to use only the new magic band for this trip. And after the trip phone IT and ask them to delete all versions of him except his actual profile.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
If he exists twice it will take a call to IT to fix.

And if he does have his own MDE account there is no way round this without inviting him to link with you via an email to the email address he used to set up his profile.

Getting the physical magic bands is not necessary to book FPs. You just need the tickets and reservation linked to your MDE profile. The same applies to your DS.

I think you’ll have to call IT and ask them to sort it out for you. But I don’t know if they will delete his MDE account without his say so.

The only other thing I can think of is to create him as another child managed by you. or Johnny1. Then add him to the reservation (which might take a call) and link his new band to this new child. He’ll have to use only the new magic band for this trip. And after the trip phone IT and ask them to delete all versions of him except his actual profile.

I found I set up his MDE using first and last name, and when I bought tickets I used middle intial.....it does not show up in his reservations or tickets on his MDE....there is some small red printing at top that says a ticket has been successfully added to your account please see your reservations....but there is nothing there. So will call and find out where in limbo that ticket is. Thanks for the insight it really does help. I do have several months to straighten that out, but only a few weeks to do my 180 day ADR's but as someone said this wont be an issue for that I will work on it to see what I can do....

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
And under friends and family it shows we are planning together and his plans are managed by me. My other child not going is not listed in this group. When I look under my reservations it shows 3 at my resort, but only DH and I under tickets.

nickys

Premium Member
I found I set up his MDE using first and last name, and when I bought tickets I used middle intial.....it does not show up in his reservations or tickets on his MDE....there is some small red printing at top that says a ticket has been successfully added to your account please see your reservations....but there is nothing there. So will call and find out where in limbo that ticket is. Thanks for the insight it really does help. I do have several months to straighten that out, but only a few weeks to do my 180 day ADR's but as someone said this wont be an issue for that I will work on it to see what I can do....

Yeah, ADRs are not a problem. You just need a lead name, no one else needs to be named on the ADR.

If you bought him a ticket, and used a different “version” of his name as a “managed by You” then he should appear under your account somewhere. It just means that there a4e two versions of him in the system. But the ticket will be assigned to the version you have, and he just has to make sure to use the magic band sent for this particular trip. Which saves you having to spoil the surprise.

So say his own MDE account is Joe Tinkwings. That’s where his last group trip ticket and resort were linked to, and any magic bands he used.

Now you then created him as J Tinkwings, and you just manage him from your MDE account. That is now a second version of him. But Joe and J are not interchangeable. The magic band he used for his last trip will only access info from Joe’s account. When you bought the ticket you almost certainly assigned it to J. His magic band will access that information which is fine. As long as he realises that!

IT can probably sort it out. But likely that will ruin the surprise, as he’ll probably get an email asking him to customise his band and so on. You could phone and check everything is linked properly for J and then be good to go with the surprise trip.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Thanks so much that makes perfect sense to me. Plus his old magicband was one of the early ones, and it was short notice, fp+ had just rolled out and they did not have time to even really use it anyhow. HIs old MDE only shows the plastic ticket he was issued by the school.

I will call just to bounce those questions off them, because of course I don't want to get to the 7:00AM day of choosing and find out there's a snag. :) Might have to tell him prior but always used to surprise them in the past and it was great fun.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Well on my ipad I tested doing a fastpass for next week and it allowed me to pick who I wanted, including son, then went to puter and tried same and it first made me select each person, then with additional fast passes or days it kept my party together. Wouldn't you say I am good? It still doesn't show son when I select my tickets on MDE unless I go on his ON my puter, but when I look on my ipad it shows all 3 of us under tickets. SO am assuming its either a glitch with online site, or its that my computer is ancient windows 7.:angelic: Even when all your family does show up under your tickets don't you still have to initially select who goes on what with first fass pass plus selection?
THANKS! :happy:

nickys

Premium Member
Well on my ipad I tested doing a fastpass for next week and it allowed me to pick who I wanted, including son, then went to puter and tried same and it first made me select each person, then with additional fast passes or days it kept my party together. Wouldn't you say I am good? It still doesn't show son when I select my tickets on MDE unless I go on his ON my puter, but when I look on my ipad it shows all 3 of us under tickets. SO am assuming its either a glitch with online site, or its that my computer is ancient windows 7.:angelic: Even when all your family does show up under your tickets don't you still have to initially select who goes on what with first fass pass plus selection?
THANKS! :happy:

Sounds like you’re good.

With booking FPs, there is an option to “select all” but it may only be on the website, not the app. But yes, you can still select who you want.

And if it’s letting you choose DS then his ticket must be there!

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Er this might sound like a stupid question but my playing with fastpass plus to see how it would take my tickets, and of course cancelling wouldn't start making my ticket days begin would it? :rolleyes::angelic:

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
No. Only when you use them to enter a park.
:happy: Thanks....can you imagine if they WERE that sensitive? I still cherish my very old thick paper tickets....something about being able to hold on to it and know where it is. :angelic: But the tech is great fun when you figure out the kinks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom