MLB 2024 Discussion Thread (Current Champions: Texas Rangers)

Lucky

Tigers-Rangers and Phils-Pirates yesterday were both 9-inning games with no delays. One took 2:05 to play and the other 4:30.

Lucky

885DF64C-2AE3-4D58-A843-84655330ED21.png

SteveBrickNJ

I tried to watch the All Star Game. I left it on for 30 minutes but ended up shutting it off. My problem is that I don't idolize any of the players. I watch "regular" baseball games for the competitive stuff....for the strategy and if it's close toward the end...for the drama.
The All Star Game is all about the announcers making chit chat with the players. The cameras are always focusing on the players in the dug out yucking it up. Players taking selfies. Since no one cares who wins....for me, it's just unwatchable.

Lucky

Orioles are already 39 1/2 games behind in their division. Now that they’ve traded Machado, with more trades likely, they could easily set the record for most games behind since the divisions were created in 1969.

In 1998 the Marlins finished 52 back and the Rays 51. Even the 2003 Tigers, who went 43-119, finished only 47 back.

NYwdwfan

The selling has begun - from the NY Post:

Jeurys Familia’s Mets career officially became past tense Saturday afternoon in a swap that brought two minor league players and international bonus pool money from Oakland.

The Mets received third baseman William Toffey and right-handed pitcher Bobby Wahl in the deal. The 23-year-old Toffey was assigned to Double-A Binghamton and the 26-year-old Wahl to Triple-A Las Vegas.

Toffey was rated as Oakland’s No. 17 prospect by MLB.com. He had a .741 OPS in 48 games this year for Single-A Stockton. Toffey was Oakland’s fourth-round pick in the 2017 draft.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom