PHOTOS - Temporary store to open during a major update to World of Disney at Disney Springs

KBLovedDisney

I CAN STOP ANY TIME I WANT!!!!1!!
giphy.gif

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
10268C8D-6732-4033-8F3F-4B5D9E732F84.jpeg

I like how it’s so open and it looks very modern, but there is almost no theming. It looks like a Barnes & Noble or Old Navy. The only thing I could find were these 3 drawings from Little Mermaid and Aladdin, which is almost like they’re trolling us:

043DDE9A-54DC-47F8-BC46-5BEF602804EB.jpeg

I do think there is more to come. There are all these banners everywhere that say “The reimagining continues” and “Grand reveal fall 2018”, which sounds like there is more theming to come than some pencil drawings. The large curtain below also shows animators at work:

DFB1D3A8-7752-4E52-9776-A60767A71FF5.jpeg

I wonder if there will be murals or screens behind the curtains and some characters hanging from the ceiling when they’re all done in the fall. I do miss the beautiful ceiling artwork. My favorite was the one with all the birds.

L651419

View attachment 294207

I like how it’s so open and it looks very modern, but there is almost no theming. It looks like a Barnes & Noble or Old Navy. The only thing I could find were these 3 drawings from Little Mermaid and Aladdin, which is almost like they’re trolling us:

View attachment 294205

I do think there is more to come. There are all these banners everywhere that say “The reimagining continues” and “Grand reveal fall 2018”, which sounds like there is more theming to come than some pencil drawings. The large curtain below also shows animators at work:

View attachment 294206

I wonder if there will be murals or screens behind the curtains and some characters hanging from the ceiling when they’re all done in the fall. I do miss the beautiful ceiling artwork. My favorite was the one with all the birds.
It's a disaster

Jambo Joe

Ok we just finished our vacation at WDW - awesome time as always although it was a sweaty one!

We did have a chance to walk through the World of Disney store while we were in the Springs. My opinion - it’s just too early to tell for certain. It’s a clean aesthetic but definitely is lacking Disney touches right now. As others have mentioned - there are scrims and signs everywhere that imply there is a lot more to come. Let’s give them the chance to finish the job.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
See IBM, Monsanto, Sears, etc. Never say never.

Montsanto is failing because they are the devil in disguise (poisoning all of us really)
Sears is failing because it hasn't updated their store since Reagan was President
IBM is failing because they can't keep up with competitors

But I get what you are saying, big companies can fall/fail

Tom Morrow

To each their own. The atmosphere alone is what drew me to this place. The colors, the figurines, the night sky montage on the ceiling...made me feel like I had hopped right into a painted Disney hand drawn cel. Now, it just looks so SodaSopa. I live near a bunch of those already
"SoDaSoPa" is basically the overarching theme of Disney Springs, so it fits!

I'm in the minority here, but I always disliked the old store design. Way too visually cluttered, cramped, and a confusing layout. It seems they may have leaned a little foo far in the bare bones aesthetic here, but it definitely addresses those issues.

KBLovedDisney

I'm in the minority here, but I always disliked the old store design. Way too visually cluttered, cramped, and a confusing layout. It seems they may have leaned a little foo far in the bare bones aesthetic here, but it definitely addresses those issues.
Hopefully, with the final touches they add, it will bring the right amount of Disney-ness back in but not over clutter and redirect traffic.

smile

i'd agree... but to respond in such a way?
blatantly obvious yet remarkably timid for giving oneself a do-over.

and sodasopa is a rather damning judgment for a company that prides itself on the utilization of imagination, who's known for having created the standards for themed environs .

then again, such application of craft is now exactly what gates are for, is it not?

Tom Morrow

i'd agree... but to respond in such a way?
blatantly obvious yet remarkably timid for giving oneself a do-over.

and sodasopa is a rather damning judgment for a company that prides itself on the utilization of imagination, who's known for having created the standards for themed environs .

then again, such application of craft is now exactly what gates are for, is it not?
Ehh... Downtown Disney was not a themed environment and Disney Springs is, with the exception of Town Center, which is more or less a fancy mall. The rest is a former sea harbor/industrial town that has been gentrified and repurposed. It's loose, but it's more of a theme than there used to be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom