News New Rivers of Light Dessert Party

ToTBellHop

While I'm surprised it took so long, I honestly have no drive to see this show again, and certainly not for $79. I wanted to love it.

As an adult who doesn't drink alcohol much, especially in Florida in the summer, I grow tired of these events which include alcohol and jacked up prices. I wish there was a non-alcoholic option...

Granted I believe they charge the same amount at MK and there's no booze involved. Money would really have to be burning a hole in my pocket to sign up for that.

dreamfinder912

Man I hope they don't do away with the Tiffins dinner package because it is totally worth it for me. I'd rather enjoy some good food in a great atmosphere than shove in a cupcake in the swampy florida heat.

danheaton

The dessert parties seem okay in theory, but at about half the price. They always seem like a money grab to me, especially for a show like Rivers of Light that isn't such a hard one to secure a spot. I personally love Rivers of Light, but I'd be crazy to pay more than $250 for our family to do it. Heck, I wouldn't pay $79 just for me. It would take a lot of drinks to make up for that price.

ThatMouse

Pay extra to show up an hour early? I don't get it. I want to show up 5 minutes before it starts, beers placed in my hand, stand and watch the show, and be the first ones out. I think I can accomplish this by NOT going into the stadium, but standing outside it.

This show looks like a mini-Fantasmic which is lot of waiting around and no easy access to food/drinks. I'd rather be in the park hanging out and enjoying the atmosphere.

dreamfinder

Biff215

$250 for a family of 4? I better be getting dinner to go with those drinks and desserts.

FWIW, we tried the MK dessert party a while back at a much lower price point. It was fun to do once, but even at those prices we never felt the need to do it again.

I’m sure there will be many who enjoy this, or at least unknowingly attend feeling that it’s needed to see the show.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I’m sure there will be many who enjoy this, or at least unknowingly attend feeling that it’s needed to see the show.

I think you nailed it with the latter. Many first-time visitors will see this and book it, thinking, "We're getting something really special!". Whether or not they will be disappointed will be up to each person, but I wouldn't expect a lot of return bookings.

Disneyson

If there are two shows, then I see no reason for this. The quality of the dessert, to me, determines whether or not this will be of any worth on a one-show night. The actual view will either be from the couches that have zero view of the show, or the tall standing room balcony, right?

I don’t see how this beats sitting for the show with a drink from Thirsty River. Without the extra ride (like Frozen), truly great views (like Fantasmic) or extras (like having Launch Bay for yourself and the souvenir cups), I cannot see the point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom