destination Cozumel - things to do?

travelling_techie

Original Poster
Afternoon all

Just planning another Disney cruise and looking at one which stops in Cozumel, Mexico.

Aside from the official shore excursions, is there much to do on Cozumel itself? Has anyone been there and got any suggestions for things to do, or to avoid?

Cheers
TT

ChuckElias

Hi techie,

I'm going to be totally honest, and tell you that Cozumel isn't my favorite port. The last two times I've been there with DCL, I've stayed on the ship and had Quiet Cove to myself. :)

Having said that, there are lots of things to do, but most of them (or something similar) will probably be available through DCL excursions. If you don't want to catamaran/snorkel, or Segway, or do a Jeep excursion,, or go to the Mayan ruins, there are resorts in Cozumel that offer day passes to their beach (and some, like Playa Mia, also have a water park on property). There are LOTS of places to do a glass-bottom boat, or a submersible excursion that would allow you to observe sea life. Or you can walk through the local shops (which I don't enjoy, but my wife does), or you can find a Starbucks to get some free wifi.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom