Do you still get magicbands?

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
Silly question, If you make a room only reservation using points and purchase your tickets through undercover tourist, do you still get magic bands?
I've linked the tickets on MDE but it doesn't show magic bands.

lostpro9het

Silly question, If you make a room only reservation using points and purchase your tickets through undercover tourist, do you still get magic bands?
I've linked the tickets on MDE but it doesn't show magic bands.
You sure do. Just make sure you've also linked the room reservation to MDE. You just need to go into MDE and customize them, or decline them if you don't want them. Click on "MagicBands and Cards" to set them up.
MDE.jpg

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
ok, that's the problem. I'm on the mde page, I see the linked tickets but there are no magic bands assigned to them. LOL, unfortunately I'm on the phone with the one cm who has no idea how to fix this. I just don't want to get down there and have no magic bands. I do have the actual tickets.
Sucks though as we keep our magic bands and this will be the first trip for my niece and nephew.

Rob562

ok, that's the problem. I'm on the mde page, I see the linked tickets but there are no magic bands assigned to them. LOL, unfortunately I'm on the phone with the one cm who has no idea how to fix this. I just don't want to get down there and have no magic bands. I do have the actual tickets.
Sucks though as we keep our magic bands and this will be the first trip for my niece and nephew.

Do you see the order to customize the Bands? MagicBands don't appear as individual Bands on people's profiles until the order actually ships, since the serial numbers aren't known until that time.

Also, tickets aren't linked to specific Bands. A ticket is linked to an MDE profile. All Bands linked to that person's profile can access the ticket.

-Rob

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
Do you see the order to customize the Bands? MagicBands don't appear as individual Bands on people's profiles until the order actually ships, since the serial numbers aren't known until that time.

-Rob
Hey Rob,
Yes but when I click on that page it has only 1 MB to customize. Mine since the reservations is under my name. LOL, what is missing are the other 6!!

correcaminos

Sounds like there's an issue with the reservation itself. It may only indicate that there's only 1 adult on the reservation rather than all 6 of you.

-Rob
This

Double check the reservation to make sure all are listed. If they are on the reservation call Disney IT to see what's up.

MAGICFLOP

I gave away my magic band to a CM..
Every time I went to the gate I asked if they needed to see my AP or can I just scan my MB. Each time the MB failed and they said they needed to see my AP.. After my 30th time doing this, I finally handed it to the CM and said from now on I'll just pull the AP out, its faster.. no need for ID.

after 5 trips to the guest services and 2 bands later... still would not work..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom